Chapter 3

"You're still not going to tell us what happened? Sam asked. My friends were helping me move into a new apartment. And by that, I meant they were helping me unpack an entire kitchen I'd gotten from the thrift store. I had to completely start over and although I had one saved, I didn't want to completely drain my savings. New towels had been a necessity,  but I could deal with used kitchen supplies. My new king sized bed and mattress had been the only thing I splurged on. The three of them still shared the house we all used to live in, but I didn't want to move back in with theme even though they'd offered. After everything, I needed privacy. 

"It just didn't work out," I shrugged, doing my best to keep my emotions under control. "We. weren't as good of a match as we thought." 

"So you're going to come to Dynamite with us right?" Danny asked. 

"No," I said shaking my head. "I need a break. I don't want to go looking for a new Dom right now." 

Or ever. But that conversation would have to come later. 

"Danny's got himself a hot date," Ellie said. 

"Oh?" I asked. I didn't have to fake interest. If one of them found a good Dom, I'd be happy for them. Even if the little voice in the back of my head would nag me and remind me that good Doms didn't exist. 

"Yes, his name is Tom." I nodded waiting for him to continue. "He doesn't want a contract."  

"Oh?" I asked him confused. 

"Yeah," he continued enthusiastically. "He doesn't take submissives unless he wants to be in a relationship with them. He's taken me on two very vanilla dates." 

See. Good Doms still exist. The part of my brain that was desperate to keep me  in the lifestyle whispered the words in my mind. 

"And this weekend, on Friday, we're having another date. If that one goes as well as the first two, Saturday we'll finally do a scene." 

"And if that goes well?" I asked. 

"Boyfriends," he smiled widely at me. "As well as Dom and Sub." 

I wanted to tell him to be careful. That all seemed so quick. Maybe Tom couldn't be trusted. I was brought back to the memories of those first few months with Eric, the feeling of falling in love. I barely cared that I didn't seem my friends anymore, hadn't cared that he'd collared me so quickly, couldn't care that I was being pulled away and isolated. 

"Isn't that a little quick?" I said the words before I could swallow them down and cursed my brain for betraying me. 

"Maybe," he agreed. "But I'd rather be in a real relationship with my Dom. All the contractual ones I've had haven't gone anywhere post contract." He was right. "Besides, you and Master Eric, moved so much quicker." 

"And look how that turned out," I snapped. 

"Okay," Ellie said. "Let's all take a breath. Should we order pizza?"  

"Yeah," I agreed quickly. "I'll order and pay. It's the least I can do for you guys helping me organise my new apartment." 

"Maria's?" Sam asked. 

"Is there any other place to get Chicago deep dish?" I asked.  They all laughed at me. "Grabbing my phone, I ordered two large pizzas, wings and cheesy garlic bread before giving my credit card info over the phone. 

"Why did you get a new phone number?" Sam asked. 

"Eric paid for the bill on the other one. They couldn't separate them so I had to get a new number."  She nodded. "Same with the car."