Chapter 6

"Abby!"

"Abby!"

"Abby! Open this door right now!" I woke up to the screeching of my friends as they pounded on my apartment door. My body was weak as I stumbled out of my bed. I was half way to the door before I realized I was still naked. Shrugging- not like that haven't seen it before- I continued my walk. But then I realized that they hadn't seen me naked since the marks had appeared. Quickly, I turned around, shrugging on a robe before I opened the door.  Wordlessly I turned around and headed back to my bed. I had no idea what time it was but it had to be an unholy hour. I felt like I'd only slept ten minutes.

"Jesus," Danny said as I face plant into my pillow.

"Abby," Sam said softly. "Have you gotten out of bed recently?"

"We were at the club last night," I mumbled into my pillow.

"That was three days ago," Ellie exclaimed.

I'd been in bed for three days?

How? 

I heard them whispering to each other but made no effort to understand the words. Someone stood from the bed and I panicked as I realize they were moving to the bathroom. "Wait!" I shouted, moving as fast as my shaky body would let me.

"Fuck," Danny cursed loudly as he stood by the bathroom door. The evidence of my shame was still all over the floor. The razor was covered in my dried blood, as was the bathroom floor. Having been caught I turned and headed back to bed. I was met halfway by Ellie and Sam wanting to see what the commotion was about. They gasped as they take in the scene.

By the time they were done doing, what I was assuming was cleaning, I was curled back in my bed, silent tears streaming down my face.

"Abby, please talk to us," Ellie begged.

"What happened?"

Danny grabbed my arms and sighed heavily as he saw the fresh cuts. He ran his hands over the older ones.

"You need help," he said.

"I'm fine," I said, my voice void of all emotion.

I'd been getting better, so I thought. Right up until the scene last night, I'd actually felt okay in my own skin, being back in a club. 

"I don't mean a therapist. Most of them hate the lifestyle anyways. You need a new Dom to heal you."

"Jumping to another Dom won't fix me. I can't trust anyone like that ever again. I'll be fine," I insisted.

"She's right," Ellie offered. "Actually no, you're both wrong. Well. No. What I mean," Ellie stuttered a little before taking a deep breath and organising her thoughts. "A new Dom is not going to help her. But a therapist will. If you don't want to talk to us about what's going on, you should at least talk to someone." 

I didn't say anything. What was there to say? Danny was right, most therapists looked down at the lifestyle and going to them wouldn't help me if they didn't accept that being a submissive was tied into the core of who I was. 

"Tom said Master Jared hasn't stopped talking about you," Danny offered up in the silence. 

"You should call him," Sam said as Danny finished sharing that bit of news.

"No," I said firmly.

"You need to eat," Ellie said walking in with a bottle of water and a bowl of fruit. I hadn't even realized she'd left. 

"I'm not hungry."

"Eat!" She shouted. I was so caught off guard by her anger that I had no choice but to obey.