001. 1978

'Let's get one thing straight, freak,' Sheila hisses at me as we step off the bus. 'We're not friends, and we're definitely not sisters.' 

'Even after all these years?' I say sarcastically. 'Gee, Sheila, you act like I give a shit.' I run my tongue over the top of my front teeth. 'You and Will can go and fuck to your hearts content, and I'll just pretend I don't exist, like everyone else!' 

I stick my middle finger up. 

'You're such a slut, Y/N,' Sheila yells after me. 'I hate you!' 

'This is why your parents love me more!' I grin, showing all of my teeth. Keeping my middle finger up, I turn around, walking towards the camp director. 

'What's your name?' She asks me. 

'It's Y/N,' I respond quickly. 

'Brown?' 

'Yep,' I glance behind me, surveying the rest of the campers. 

'Cabin Five.' She points the small brown cabin just ahead of us. 

'Thanks,' I take a slip of paper containing the camp map from the table, and walk over to my new home for the next 2 months. 

The cabin is empty when I get there. I throw my stuff down on the bed, run a quick hand through my dark hair, and pace over to the door. Someone is opening the door just as I get there and I accidentally collide into them, knocking them to the ground. 

'Oh, I'm sorry,' I ramble, sticking my hand out. 'You okay?' 

'Yeah,' She licks her lips. 'I'm good.' Without glancing down at her, I nod. 'I'm, Ziggy actually. Ziggy Berman.' 

Shit. 

A flurry of thoughts scramble around my brain as I try to collect myself. For a second, my head is empty and I momentarily forget how to speak. I close my eyes for a couple of seconds, trying to keep my expression neutral. 

'You should watch where you're going, Ziggy Berman,' I respond coldly, brushing past her out the door.