00

2029 ACE

2029 ACE

Hope Mikaelson was finally getting the Compound cleaned.

It seemed that years had passed since anyone got that place safe and hygienic enough for anyone to live. She wouldn't have done it for herself, not since she was barely living there now, the events at the Salvatore Boarding School really time-consuming but her Aunt Freya was visiting with Keelin and their son, Nik for the first time and Hope wished for it to be perfect.

In the earliest memory that she had of the compound, Hope had been sick due to the Hollow. Both her parents were clearly there, as horrifying as it had been, fussing over her—loving her. Now all that was left of her family were aunts and uncles that were too busy with their own lives and a legacy she wasn't sure she deserved. Now, she stood outside her father's room, trying to find courage to enter.

Even though her father had lived elsewhere for a good part of five years (he was actually on a murderous rampage) his room had still been left undisturbed.

With a sigh, she pulled the doorknob, entering the dead Hybrid's room. It was just as she remembered—when she had last been there to tell her father how what he was doing was wrong because trying to sacrifice himself couldn't be the answer to their problems.

There were paintings in his room, some unfinished and others compeleted to perfection and the room still held the faint smell of his natural paints. Her own tiny self met her face, baby Hope, toddler Hope, ten-year old Hope, and fifteen-year old Hope all timelessly staring at her.

Hope's eyes went all over the room, looking at what remained of the man she had once loved the most—her father.

Her eyes darted around the room, soaking in the goodness that most people had failed to see. She felt like she knew where everything was... the corner where he kept most of his paintings, the drawer where he had kept pictures of them and the rest of the family, his piano that he never played, the desk which she wasn't allowed to touch.

She wasn't allowed to touch.

Suddenly Hope's interest was peaked.

At once she was at the desk, her hands going through all the books kept there. Two books filled with notes written by Camille O'Connell... another person who was dead because of her. Some drawings of Caroline Forbes, the headmistress of the Salvatore Boarding School.

Suddenly, something else caught Hope's eyes.

A stack of pages— filled with sheets that were new and old.

Hundreds of them.

"Dear Hope," marked every letter.

At first, the Tribrid felt happiness at the thought of her father leaving her letters but then that smile on her face was wiped off when she realized the letters weren't actually for her. Her father would not be writing her letters in the 10th Century.... right?

Just then a sound shook Hope out of her thoughts.

"Hope?" Her Aunt Rebekah stood right outside the room, "What are you doing here?"

"Hey Aunt Bekah," Hope tried a smile, "I was just—you know, cleaning for Aunt Freya and Keelin."

"What's that?" Rebekah pointed at the box.

Hope took a deep breath, "It was... dad's. Can- Can I ask you something?"

Rebekah smiled, "Shoot."

"Who's Hope?"

Rebekah gave out a confused laugh, "Is this a game or something, sweetie because I have no idea what you are talking about."

Hope picked up one of the letters, "The woman he was writing to—Astra but he used to call her Hope. Who is she?"

Rebekah automatically reached for one of the letters and then she smiled slightly realizing what had happened, "Nik—you sly backstabbing wanker."