2

"You are not welcome in my oasis, human!" Aye-Aye pushed Wan back. "Please, help me. I'm starving and I haven't slept all night." Wan pleaded. "Not my problem." Wan threw fire at the spirit. "Let me pass!"

"You dare use fire against me?!" Aye-Aye blinked out of sight and reappeared behind Wan and threw him in a bush. "Now, be gone with you!" Wan walked away but stopped to see a parade of spirits marching in. He jumped in the bush and thought of an idea...

"And who might you be?" Aye-Aye eyed Wan in his bush spirit disguise. "I am Bushy, the bush spirit! And I would like to enter your oasis." He said dramatically. "Very well. You may pass." As Wan walked by, Aye-Aye sniffed the air. "Wait a second. Something stinks." He pulled off Wan's mask. "I knew I smelled a human!"

Wan noticed something different. There was a human sitting by the oasis with spirits resting on their shoulder and lap. "Liena?" Aye-Aye threw Wan into the water. Liena stood up and walked on the bridge. "Wan? What are you doing here?" But he kept his attention on the stubborn spirit. "Come one, let me in. Just for a little while." 

"No! Go back to your Lion Turtle!"

"Believe me, I'd love to too back home. But I can't. I was kicked out." Liena gasped. "Why?" Wan nervously looked around. "I'll...tell you later."

"That's too bad." One spirit said.

"Poor human." 

"Don't pity him. He's just like every other human: ugly, destructive, and lacking any respect for nature." Aye-Aye told them. "Who are you calling ugly, Ugly?" Everyone looked at Aye-Aye. He frowned. "Mmm."

"If you can't go back to your city, then you should go live in another one." Wan was shocked. "What? There are other Lion Turtles?"

"'There are other lion turtles?'" Aye-Aye mocked. "Of course there are, dozens of them! Boy, you humans are stupid, too." 

"Yeah, I come from an Air Lion Turtle far away. And it's not on the ground like yours. It floats in the air!" Liena said. "So does that mean you have air powers?" Liena demonstrated with a wave of her hand and made a little tornado in her palm. "I've been practicing."

"So which way to the nearest lion turtle city?" Wan asked. Aye-Aye pretended to think. "Hmm. I think it's on the other side of none-of-your-business valley." He laughed at his own joke but stopped when no one else laughed with him. "Hmph."

"Real funny. You know what? I don't need your help. I'll find it myself." Wan turned around and walked away but fell into a deeper part of the pond. Liena cringed and waved with a smile. "Good luck!"