PERKY & PICKY FIND PARADISE LOST

Perky the turkey and Picky the chicky are birds that love to float. So, one fine day they made a plan, so they could get away. They were ready to go, so they set afloat on Perky's father's boat.

Nobody seemed to notice that they were leaving the farm and nobody came to say goodbye. They were all sleeping in the barn.

At first, it seemed to bother Perky but Picky said, "Don't worry. We don't need friends like them. We've got each other Perky!"

They took along some stuff to eat like chicken feed and corn. They even took some books to read, just in case they would get bored.

At first they headed west, but then decided it was way too far. So they kept pretending to read their map and kept going back and forth.

Perky closed his eyes and pointed, "I think we should go North."

They had sailed and sailed for hours it seemed and the waves were making them sick. So, when they saw dry land, they were so excited, that they were about to have a fit.

Soon, they came upon a sign that was floating near the shore, but since neither of them knew how to read, they just pretended it said, "Welcome to paradise! Come explore!"

The first thing they both decided was that it would be getting dark really soon and they would need to find a place to sleep, a cozy place, just like their coop.

But, as they kept exploring, the sun, it kept going down. They couldn't find a comfy place, so they just kept walking round and round. "I can't walk anymore!" Perky said, and he finally just sat down. "Why don't we camp right here tonight? I don't mind sleeping on the ground." "Ok by me, Picky agreed, It's too dark and we can't see a thing. Let's make a bed beside this tree. I'll lean on you my turkey friend and you can lean on me."

The next morning they woke up smiling and they were so ready for their day. They had kept each other very warm and had kept each other safe. They both were very proud as they stopped to look around. This tiny little island was indeed paradise. They were very happy at what they had found.

So, they walked and walked for hours it seemed and finally they just stopped. They couldn't believe what they were seeing and both of their mouths just dropped. For, right up the hill in front of them stood a rather large, red barn. It looked oddly familiar and so did the trees as they got closer to the yard.

Then, all of these animals came running up to them and they both were rather shocked, "Thank goodness we found you Perky and Picky we thought you two were lost!

Perky and Picky were embarrassed and didn't see the harm, that they didn't want to tell them the truth, that they hadn't even left the farm.

So, instead of letting the others know that they had made a mistake, they told them how beautiful Paradise was and all the danger that they had faced.

"The next time you go, we want to go too!" The others pleaded with them. That paradise island sounds so exciting, but are you sure you can you find it again?

 That paradise island sounds so exciting, but are you sure you can you find it again?

All Rights Reserved
©️ Bobbie J Lowrey 2020

*If you are reading this book anywhere but Wattpad, it has been stolen and published without my consent and my copy rights have been violated and infringed upon. Please let me know immediately so I can take legal action against them.