•hope•

A/N Heyyy! Sorry I haven't posted the next chapter in so long I'm actually on vacation rn. Hope you like ch 3!

--Tikki's pov--

I rubbed Marinette's cheek as she ranted on to me about her whole day. I was there so I already knew what happened, but I let her ramble on and on until she herself would stop. It would make her feel good.

As I try to tune out Marinette's voice, I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly shush the girl and hide in her bag. Marinette does her typical moves as Sabine opened the trapdoor.

"Marinette, honey I will be going to... somewhere with your father. Stay safe ok?" Sabine stumbled as Marinette quickly caught her. I gasped. There was definitely something wrong with Sabine; she's never like this.

Marinette herself looked worried. "Maman what's wrong?" She inquired. 

Sabine shook her head and said, "Nothing, dear. Take care." And with that, Sabine went back downstairs. Marinette was lost in a tornado of thoughts.

"Marinette?" I say her name again. She jolts back to the present and hugs me. 

"Tikki, Maman was... off. Different. Something has to be wrong." I nod to her mirroring thinking. "She's ok, right?" A tear slipped down her cheek. I comfort her. Sabine has to be ok, right?

                                                                                 —-

I felt a vibration within me and informed Marinette. Adrien- er Chat Noir must've been calling Ladybug. It's funny how Marinette's in love with Adrien and Chat Noir with Ladybug, when they're all the same two people. Destiny sometimes...

Marinette calls her transformation words and I get sucked into her earrings. 

                                                                                 —-

—Ladybug's pov—

I swing away from my balcony to our usual meeting place, lost in thought about my maman. She's always up with an energized soul, and she's nothing like me, stumbling all over the place. As I get ready to land, I lose balance and crash right into a tall and  lean figure. I groan as we tumble right into a chimney with Chat Noir on top of me. Instead of his usual smirk though, he gets up and offers a hand.

"Are you ok, Ladybug?" I close my eyes to let the black spots in my vision settle. Then I grab my kitty's hand and get up, yet stumble again right into his arms. Very Marinette of you, I scold myself.

"If you don't mind Ladybug, we can split up our patrol and each take a part of Paris instead of the usual 'staying together'." My eyebrows go up in confusion. Chat never misses a chance to flirt with me, yet he himself is offering to go separate ways? Something seemed off. This whole day was off, in fact.

I reluctantly agreed as I took the east side. Chat went in the opposite direction. I sighed and for the first time, missed his flirtatious attitude.

After the patrol, I swung myself home and straight into my balcony. "Maman, Papa?" I called. No one responded back. Why weren't they home yet? I checked the time. It was already 9pm. I dismissed the troubled side of my head and plopped down into my chair.

"Tikki, Maman's probably just sick, right? She'll be fine." Tikki seemed to nod as I was convincing myself that was the case. But there was something troubling me more. Chat Noir, the flirt, hadn't even kissed my hand. I recalled that he didn't even call me his lady. I frowned and told Tikki all this. She snorted and said, "He's just given up. You've rejected him too many times." I turned off the lights and wondered if Chat would ever give me another chance.

A/N That's it! 609 words😏Bug out!