« 🎕 » Chapter 2 - The Worst Day Imaginable

When (Y/n) woke up the next morning to her alarm, she had barely heard it. Turning it off and not bothering to check the time she kept her eyes closed, feeling massively fatigued for no reason in particular.

Falling asleep again, it felt like mere moments passed before (Y/n)'s mother was knocking on her door.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n), are you up yet?"

(Y/n) groaned, rolling over and trying to go back to sleep.

"I tried calling you for breakfast, are you asleep still? (Y/n)? Sweetheart, it's almost 8 o'clock." Her mother said.

(Y/n) sat up quickly, staring wildly around her room until her eyes landed on her clock. It was, indeed, 7:54.

"Ah! How did I sleep in so much!?" she wailed, falling out of bed and struggling to change into her uniform. (Y/n) felt unusually tired, barely able to keep her eyes open.

"At least you're awake now," her mother said through the door. "If you miss the bus I can be a little late to work so that I can drop you off, so don't stress yourself too much, honey."

As she frantically began to change (Y/n) heard the sound of her mother walking away from the door.

After looking at herself in the mirror, which was very hard with her eyes trying to flutter closed every three seconds, (Y/n) threw her books and her laptop into her bag and hurried out of her room. Almost tripping down the stairs she didn't stop as she sprinted through the kitchen and towards the front door.

"Bye mum, bye dad!" she called, not stopping for a second.

"Honey, do you want me to drive you to-?"

"No thanks mum, I got it!"

Turning the corner at the end of the block (Y/n) saw the school bus just as it began to close its doors. "Wait!" she called, waving her arms frantically.

Mr Nakamura, the bus driver, caught sight of (Y/n) at the end of the block but continued closing the bus doors as if he hadn't seen her.

Sprinting as fast as her legs could carry her (Y/n) continued to call out for the bus to stop, but Mr Nakamura seemed to hurry himself to pull the bus back onto the road before driving away.

Panting heavily, (Y/n) stopped, watching the bus drive away and knowing she'd never be able to catch it.

"Now that's just rude," she huffed between breaths.

(Y/n) glanced back the way she'd come, thinking about her mother's offer. "No, I can make it to school on time if I run," She told herself, turning back to face the direction the bus had disappeared in.

Sucking in a deep breath, mostly for nerves, (Y/n) began to sprint in the direction of the school.

God, this is a terrible start to the day!

----

"Where is she?" Aika whispered urgently to Hiroto.

"How am I supposed to know? I thought she'd let you know out of anyone." Hiroto reasoned.

"I hope she isn't sick, or something..." Aika fretted. "With her luck lately, she probably is- but she really needs to be here, otherwise she's going to miss all the revision we're doing for exams! You know how worried she is about them already!"

"Miss Tanaka, would you care to inform the class what is so important that you feel the need to interrupt my teaching?" Mr Fukuda turned away from what he was writing on the board, glaring at Aika for a moment as he waited for her response.

"S-sorry Mr Fukuda, please continue!" Aika sunk back into her seat a little when she noticed everyone was staring at her.

"Good, because this will be on the exam." Mr Fukuda snapped, turning back to what he was writing.