Welcome Midgardian!

*Thor is taking you to Asgard for the first time. You and him are close friends and he wants you to see the home he grew up in, meet his family and friends and have a great time together on Asgard.*

You arrive with Thor on the rainbow bridge where you meet Heimdall. Thor greets his old friend and introduces you; "Heimdall! Meet my Midgardian friend (y/n)! She's visiting for a while so I can show her our glorious home." Heimdall looks at you with a friendly gaze and with a deep voice he welcomes you; "Welcome to Asgard (y/n). I believe you will have a wonderful time. Should you need any help, I am always here to help you. Don't be afraid to stop by!" You smile and answer; "Thank you Heimdall! It's lovely to meet you! I can't wait to see all of Asgard, Thor hasn't stopped bragging about it since he set foot on Earth", you chuckle. Thor rolls his eyes at you and reacts; "Well then, let's get going! Places to see, people to meet and parties to attend!" While you both make your way to the palace you respond; "Parties?", you ask him a bit flustered. "You didn't mention any parties." He explains; "You don't expect the king of Asgard to welcome the first Midgardian on Asgard and not throw her a glamorous ball, now do you?" You gasp and say; "The ball is for me! You should've told me, I would have brought something else to wear! Now all I have are these 'Earthy' clothes.." Thor pats you on the shoulder and reassures you; "Don't worry about that (y/n), Asgard has enough gowns for you to wear, even if you wish to wear a different dress every night!" "A dress? Seriously? Have you ever seen me in a dress Thor?" Thor ponders for a short moment then says; "Actually, now that you mention it, I don't think I have.." You give him a friendly punch to the shoulder and add; "That's because I never wear dresses idiot! You better make sure I don't look ridiculous."

You and Thor arrive at the palace. Before Thor can go on about the glorious architecture and endless rooms inside the palace, you step through the gate into the entrance hall and gasp. "Wow.. this is.. Just like you said, beautiful doesn't even cover it. It's just-" Thor smiles proudly and interrupts; "Marvelous?" You smile back at him and giggle; "Yes, marvelous!" Your strong Asgardian friend shows you around the palace's many rooms and ends the tour when you reach a sleeping chamber at the East tower of the palace. "Here we are, this is yours. I'll let you settle in and get ready for the ball." As you walk into the chamber you're stunned by its charming interior. In the middle of the room stands a king sized bed with golden curtains draped from the ceiling all the way down to the white ceramic floor tiles. In the corner of the room are two soft ochre sofas surrounding a low wooden table. Intricate Asgardian symbols have been woodcarved into the table and as you look around the room, you recognize more of them on the window frames and on the mantle of the fireplace next to the sofa's. "This whole room is for me?", you let out excitedly. "Of course! Nothing less for you dear!", Thor replies amused by your enthousiasm. "Wait- you said get ready for the ball but I still don't have anything to wear. Unless the king of Asgard allows casual jeans and a t-shirt to the ball?",you say sarcastically. 

Mere seconds after speaking you hear a female voice answering "I'm afraid he won't allow that." You look towards the open door from the chamber and see a tall, dark-haired woman standing in the doorway. She is wearing gold-plated armour, sharp weapons hang from each side of her hips and her black hair is tied up elegantly into several braids. As some loose strands of her hair fall over her shoulders and back she looks at you with a daunting smile. "You must be Thor's friend from Midgard?" The seemingly brave woman walks towards you and shakes your hand; "I'm Lady Sif, I help Thor with quests and expeditions, well, I save his ass to be more specific", she laughed in his direction. Thor grunts and interrupts; "That's entirely untrue, in fact, I remember saving YOUR ass on our last mission." You chuckle and shake Lady Sif's hand; "It's nice to meet you Lady Sif, I'm (y/n) and yes I am from Midgard, uh- Earth I mean." "Just call me Sif and about the ball tonight, I assume this God of forgetfulness forgot about arranging an outfit for you?", Sif winks at you and you reply; "Yeah, he did actually. Is there any place I could get an outfit in time for the ball?" Lady Sif thinks for a moment before she answers; "I don't think any of the tailors are working now.. but I might know someone who can help!" You look at Sif curiously but before you can ask for an explanation, she grabs your arm and takes you with her out of your chambers. Thor is left standing alone and calls after you;" I'll see you at the ball ladies!" He then makes his way to his own chambers to prepare for tonight's festivities.

The story continues in Part 2.