Party on Asgard

You're back in your private chambers, standing in front of the mirror. Your feet feel sore already from walking up the stairs in these slim black heels. They are stunning yes, but oh so uncomfortable. 'Who in God's name can wear these all night?',you murmur to yourself. 'Wait, name of God? Gods? Whatever.' With your fingers you delicately swipe some hairs out of your face and pin them in place on the back of your head. One of Frigga's maids curled your hair, added in some braids and white pearls to tie it half up in the back so you look just like one of the Asgardian royalties. You're glad Lady Sif spent her time with you while you were with the queen's tailor. He asked so many questions you had no answers to. She was nice to help you out today, you look forward to spending more time with her and you wonder if she'll teach you some combat moves. 

Frigga's tailor took your measurements and picked out a few of Frigga's gowns that she didn't use anymore. After too many dresses slipped their way on and off your body, you decided on one in your favourite colours. Emerald green, gold and black. You felt like a princess in that dress. Although the neckline was cut deeper than you were used to, the detailed, sewed on beads that formed stunning floral patterns were so beautiful you couldn't pass it up. With it you paired black heels and a gold necklace that held exactly nineteen tiny diamonds in several tiers down your neck. The tailor suggested to add some gold earrings to the outfit but they were so heavy so you took them out and safely kept them on the cupboard next to your bed. 

Above your mirror you see a tiny pink glass bottle sitting on a shelf. You grab it and assuming it is perfume, you dab some of it on the side of your neck, the inside of your elbows and on your wrists. It smells wonderful but you can't quite put your finger on what it smells like. 'Must be some Asgardian flower.'  You carefully put it back and check yourself one last time in the mirror before heading to the Ballroom.

As you leave your chambers and pace through the halls, between the click-clack of your heels on the ceramic flooring, you hear a crowd coming into the palace and taking their place in the Ballroom. At the top of the sparkly and slippery-looking staircase you pause for a moment and take a look at the guests entering. All sorts of people are walking through the doors. They all look very fancy and high-class. Even the waiters are wearing all-gold suits as they welcome the guests with drinks. Suddenly, amidst the crowd of colourful robes, you spot a certain red cloak that you have seen before. Thor turns around and you see his face. From the top of the staircase you shout; "Thor! Over here!" As you tiptoe down the stairs you realise you might shouted a little bit too loud and people are watching you. *don't fall, don't fall*, you think to yourself. Thor spots you and a big smile forms on his face. He excuses himself to the guests he was talking to and walks your way up the stairs; "(y/n)! There you are!" As you both reach the middle of the staircase he looks you up and down and says; "Wow-, I don't know what to say (y/n), you look.. like royalty!" A blush forms on your cheeks as you grin and reply; "Why thank you sir, you're looking quite fabulous yourself for that matter. Shall we?" You raise your arm to gesture toThor to take it and accompany you to the ballroom. "Indeed we shall, my fair lady", he responds as he wraps his arm around yours and carefully guides you down the rest of the staircase. A few times you nearly sprain your ankle as your not used to the heels yet but being able to put some of your weight on Thor makes it easier to practice without falling. "Are you good there?", Thor asks as she hears you curse under breath when you twist your ankle stepping off the last step. "Yep, all good! Just getting used to these that's all. And the dress. and the hair. And makeup..", you laugh. Thor smiles and teases you; "You look wonderful (y/n), the only thing you have to worry about is saving me a dance because I think you'll have a lot of wealthy men asking you for one tonight." You give Thor a little nudge as you snarl at him; "Don't say that! As if!" You let out a soft chuckle but on the inside you hope no one comes up to you. You're really not much a social butterfly.

As you and Thor enter the ballroom, lively music fills the room. Hundreds of candles light up and the light bounces off everyone's lustrous robes and jewellry. You're about to step inside the room before Thor stops in his tracks and holds you tight on his arm. "Just a moment (y/n), they have to announce us." Confused, you look at Thor and he nods towards a man holding a long scroll of paper. He signals the orchestra to quiet down and clears his throat before loudly speaking; "Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: Son of Odin and God of Thunder, Thor Odinson. Accompanied by the Representative of planet Midgard, (y/n)." Your eyes widen as you try your best to hold in a chuckle, you whisper to Thor; "Representative of Midgard? You idiot, did you tell him that?" Thor can't hold back his laughter and lets out a loud snort. "Ah, amazing! don't you love it!", he laughs. You sigh and roll your eyes at him as the music starts playing again and together you walk into the crowd of guests.