three

I wake up groggily the next morning. Owen and I were up most of the night texting each other.

I really learned a lot about him. He told me how he gets anxiety and panic attacks often.

I learned that he's not afraid to hold those emotions back.

That guys deal with that stuff too. I learned that he knows how to play drums.

Apparently the role he plays on Julie and the Phantoms is a drummer so already knowing how to drum helped him a lot.

We made a group chat last night so it'll be easier to make plans.

I think today we're gonna try out the ropes course. You have to wear a harness and the course is a couple feet off the air.

I love things like that. Since I don't drink anymore, it makes me feel the same rush.

I put on a black short sleeved shirt and camouflage pants.

Maya braided my hair causing me to thank her. We were going to meet up with the boys at the ropes course.

Maya and I walked there in sync. "You ready to see Owen?" Maya teased.

I blushed as I looked away. I tried to keep my eyes on the water.

"I know you two texted most of the night. I could hear the typing." I rolled my eyes.

"Owen and I are just getting to know each other." I remind her.

I finally look over at her. She was shaking her head. We didn't say anything else about it.

When we got to the rope course, the boys were standing there waiting.

They smiled when they saw us walking towards them.

We gave them side hugs as we greeted each other. "I hope you two don't chicken out." Charlie teased.

We were all putting the harness on. "Yeah, it looks pretty high." Owen joined him.

I rolled my eyes as I looked at him. "I bet I'll last longer than either one of you." I bet them.

They look in between each other. I've read up on it. It's a hundred and fifty feet above the water.

There's a beginners course and a intermediate. I know they wanna do the beginners, but the intermediate sounds fun.

"Fine. What's the winner get?" I could hear a sigh from my best friend. "Do I have to be apart of this?" She asked.

I shook my head no. She sighed happily. "Bloody oath." She smiled towards me.

"If I lose, which I won't, I'll give you fifty dollars each. If you lose, you have to give me fifty dollars, each." I offer.

"And we have to go on the intermediate one." I could see fear flash on their faces. Owen swallowed deeply.

"Deal." Owen takes his hand out for me shake it. I look at it for a second.

But I do end up shaking it. "Just remember, if one of you quit, you're both out."

We agree to the rules and we all shake. Once we do that, we all get on the course.

As I walked on, I could feel the adrenaline start pumping.

It was higher than I expected. But I wasn't worried. "Tate, are you sure about this?" I heard Charlie ask from behind me.

"You chickening out already?" I ask while turning to him. He cleared his throat as he shook his head.