4 | told you

THE NEXT TUESDAY HAD COME AROUND FAST and Mollie was running later than she wanted to be already

THE NEXT TUESDAY HAD COME AROUND FAST and Mollie was running later than she wanted to be already. It was quarter past five and it had been organised that Cal, Lux and Harry would be round at half past to leave for the pub at seven and she'd only just thrown on her current favourite sage green summer dress and sat down at her dresser to make a start on her makeup.

Although it wouldn't have been a real problem if she wasn't ready before the three boys had arrived at her flat, Mollie wasn't sure if she wanted to have them arrive to her with half a face of makeup on. She probably would never hear the end of it. She half hoped that they'd take the probability of her being late and arrive slightly late themselves, that they'd run on 'Mollie time' and give her a little leeway to seem on time. That would be much more convenient for her but since when had those boys ever been 'convenient?' Mollie had come to terms with the fact that that wasn't going to happen and was busy rushing through her makeup routine.

Fortunately though, by now Mollie was an expert in last minute speed makeup and at least she thought she got better by the day. So much so she'd practically convinced herself that her tendencies to be late had turned into a blessing. Though she'd admit she found it a little embarrassing that the only reason she'd become good at perfecting eyeliner practically first time was a result of having to learn speed makeup. Shrugging as she placed the eyeliner back in the bag it was supposed to go in, Mollie smiled at herself in the mirror, at least she could do it, she thought to herself.

It didn't take much longer for Mollie to finish her face of makeup entirely, finding the time to quickly send a text to the girl's group chat, making sure her outfit was okay for the occasion and showered her friends in compliments as they sent pictures of their own outfits with the same intention as Mollie herself.

Reading the time on her phone to be five thirty two, only two minutes late, she personally thought was very impressive compared to some of the stinkers she'd had in the past. Pleased with herself, Mollie jumped back onto her bed and began scrolling through her phone as she waited for a knock on her flat door or a message that would indicate that Cal, Lux and Harry had arrived.

At about five thirty five, they arrived at Mollie's door and the same distinctive knock and three loud voices echoed through the door as Mollie got up and plugged her phone back onto charge before going to let them in. Almost immediately as she opened the door, Mollie felt a smile come to her lips at the sight of Cal, Lux, Harry and a bottle of wine. They beamed back at her as they all said hello to one another, walking through the door and into Mollie's flat.

Coming in last, Harry leant down slightly and put a hand on Mollie's shoulder, "you look lovely." He whispered before following the two Cals into the living space. She thanked him quietly, taking a moment of trying to hold back her smile under the dim lights of the hallway before joining them. Honestly, she was she posed surprised that Harry had brought it up out of all people but grateful for his thought none the less. She guessed it was because she looked more dressed up than the three boys, who were in more casual joggers and jeans and sweatshirts and Harry didn't want her to feel out of place, so especially from that point of view, Mollie thought that the gesture was thoughtful of him.