33 | guernsey

HARRY AND MOLLIE finally threw themselves down on their seats on the plane after rushing around all morning to sort everything out

HARRY AND MOLLIE finally threw themselves down on their seats on the plane after rushing around all morning to sort everything out. It had been a long morning for the both of them and quite frankly, they were both ready for a sit down before the flight took off. For once, they were both on time and completely ready to leave for the airport with time to spare until Harry checked the tickets once again and realised they were an hour later than they'd expected. So, so much for that time to spare.

They'd been full of laughter as they ran across the car park their suitcases trailing behind them and a bag swinging off their shoulders. Mollie had tripped over her own foot in her rush, Harry reaching out to catch her as she steadied herself, all whilst red in the face from laughing so hard. With this, the stress of timings seemed to melt away under the later December sunshine.

To anyone else, they looked completely in love. From the way Harry's arm would rest round Mollie's waist as they waited patiently for the luggage and security lines to go down, to the way they were stood inspecting their tickets once again with furrowed brows, to the look of pure admiration and appreciation on Mollie's face as Harry told her stories of previous Christmases in the Lewis household. And in Harry's eyes, there was no one else he'd rather spend yet another Christmas with.

It was only a very short flight to Guernsey, so in hindsight, all the hassle over the airport was simply going to be another thing for them to laugh about later.

That was one thing Mollie couldn't seem to shake out if her mind through her confliction, there was no one who made her feel quite as happy as Harry and there was no one who could quite make her laugh as loud or smile as bright. That really stuck with her. Because in her head, this was temporary, whilst they worked through their feelings. But she didn't want these feelings to be temporary and honestly, she didn't think they could be. This was going to hurt her and admittedly that really scared her.

Picking up on her quiet nature as they sat together waiting for the plane to fill up with people like them flying over to Guernsey for Christmas, Harry gave her knee a light nudge with his, "penny for your thoughts?" He murmured, gaining her attention.

"I'm alright." She assured him, in a quiet tone. His skeptical raised eyebrow almost immediately cracked her, leading her to slump her shoulders in defeat, "just a bit nervous is all. I don't want to be a burden."

"Fuck right off, you know how much I want you with us. And I could swear that mum is more excited to see you than me." He replied, giving her a reassuring smile, "and obviously Rosie's buzzing to see you again, she says it's been too long but she saw you more recently than me and doesn't seem to have noticed that yet."

She gave him a grateful smile, fiddling with the ring on her middle finger, "I can't wait to see your mum and Rosie too, they're so lovely." She gushed with a grin, "but I can't help but hope me being there isn't a handful."

Harry scoffed, "when have you ever been described as a handful? You're like the best person ever. You're less of a handful for me, that's for sure."

"My parents always say I'm too much at Christmas." Mollie opened up with a small smile, "it's stupid really, I get so excited and that pisses them off. You know what they're like, the fun police. That's why they only let me stay for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Dad reckons he'd throw me out for good if I stayed longer than that."