Chapter 1

^^Aliyah

Fay's POV

Sophmore year... this is bullshit. Freshman year went by too fast. I sit up groggily in the bed and reach for my phone on my nightstand. It's still dark out. I press the power button on my phone as the blinding screen literally blinds me, making me shut my eyes and drop my phone. "Agh!" i say a bit too loud. My roommate is already up, looking at me as if I lost my mind. "...Morning.." she drags out as she continues to stare in my direction. I raise my hand up to wave and rub my eyes in hopes that would make me wake up. My roommate forces me to get up around 6am so I can get ready for my day, even though I don't have to be at campus until 8 o'clock.

"Up and at 'em buddy! The sun's gonna come up soon and it's your first day of your sophmore year!" My roommate's name is Aliyah. She's a perky, petite, e-girl black beauty. She's also a year older than me. Although she's not as quite as innocent as she looks. I scanned her up and down to notice she was already dressed and ready to go. Today she wore a black jean skirt, with a black and white striped shirt under a black graphic tee. She wore fishnet stockings underneath and beautiful pink eye shadow. She always wears her hair wild and free in an afro. 

"Why don't you take a picture? It'll last longer," Aliyah said playfully while sitting her tongue at the roof of her teeth. 

I smirked. "I'll do you one better, how 'bout we make a movie?" 

Aliyah's face turned a shade of red, and she has sort of an almond skin tone so I know I got skills.

"Stop playing," she giggled while hitting my shoulder.

Who said  was playing?

I chuckled and got up to head for the bathroom. "You excited for this year?!" Aliyah yelled after me. She's always so energetic about things, which I don't mind. But some times I just want her to respectfully shut the fuck up. 

"Sureee," I replied ever so sarcastically. Only Aliyah knows what I really think most of the time. I know I'm gonna have to do it again this year... maybe I should tell her..

"Yooo earth to Fayola!! Wake up girl you letting the sink run." I look down and notice I was brushing my teeth while warm water was flowing from the sink faucet. 

I finish my hygienic routine and pick out my outfit for the day. I choose a simple red body suit outlined in white, fitted blue jeans, and my white slides. My hair is more loose because I blow dried it a couple days ago. I took off my bonnet to see my five big braids all going in different directions. I sigh. I have some work to do. 

That wasn't as bad as I thought. I took down all of my braids, oiled my scalp and my side part was already there so I was almost ready to go just as soon as I finished my edges. Aliyah was sitting on her bed being impatient as always. 

"Fayyyy c'monnnnn," she whined. "It's already 7:15 and we gotta go to Starbucks." We always go to Starbucks before we head for campus so we won't be extremely tired and plus why not. Starbucks is Starbucks. Aliyah's car is at the shop for repairs so I'm stuck with her until she has it back. 

"Don't rush me, you shouldn't have never hit that damn car!" I yell back from the bathroom.

"I did not hit it, it was a little tap!" she huffed.

I peaked my head out the bathroom door to look her lying ass in the eye.

"A tap?! Sweetie you rammed that car's backside. And it was parked."

She sat quiet on the bed saying nothing but simply rolling her eyes. "That's what I thought." I did minimal makeup because I didn't really need to beat my face today. I walk out of the bathroom finished and stood in front of Aliyah.

"Well?! What do you think?" I spin in front of her asking for her approval.

She stares and huffs. "You look fine." She lifts her chin up while turning her head to the side and closes her eyes. I stare at her with my are you kidding me bitch face. "Girl you better fix that attitude before I fix it for you in more ways than one. Get up let's go bitch."

Aliyah's face reddens once again but hops up and follows me as I commanded. "Oh shut it you whore." We both laugh as we head out the door to go get out coffee.