[3] Thoughts

Y/N's eyes went distant for a moment, their breathing growing heavy. They clenched the styrofoam cup in their hand then, without a second thought, Y/N thew the steaming drink at the rich old lady.

★★★

A loud scream sounded from the woman as the scolding hot liquid burned into her skin. Eyes turned to look from all directions and Y/N's grip on the now empty styrofoam cup managed to tighten, cracking it slightly.

Why did they do that?

Before anyone could get up and react Y/N turned and ran out of the shop, eyes wide. They ran for the closest alley, one they didn't really recognize and tripped over a little cardboard box. They landed with a loud groan, their hands getting scraped as she attempted to catch themself.

As the adrenaline, panic, and just overwhelming emotions took over Y/N shifted, not able to stop themselves. Sending glances around with their now piercing golden eyes they ran off once again.

They just ran, burning off the flooding emotions and calming down. It wasn't that big of a deal right? The woman would surely be fine, there's no way it could've been that hot! ...Right?

-

Y/N stopped in another alleyway, one they didn't recognize. They're sides were heaving from all the running though they'd successfully managed to calm the nerves eating them up, or atleast muffle them.

Without much of a look around they shifted back into their human form, leaning against the wall with a breath. As they thought over the events a little smile tugged at they're lips.

Sure, it was a pretty lousy thing to do and could potentially cause real damage to the woman, but in some sick way she almost deserved it. It was a twisted and very dramatic reaction to some woman just being an annoying bitch, but damn if it didn't feel good.

Still, Y/N could recognize that there was alot of people in the shop to witness that. Surely someone had to of recorded it, would it go viral? Make the news? Would their face be broadcasted on every tv for the next month?

Maybe someone would support their actions. Someone always did, support the unsupportable.

Good thing Y/N didn't use social media. People would be contacting them constantly about how awful they were, maybe a few to congratulate the action.

Their neighbors would probably see it on the news or here it from friends. Strangers on the streets would definitely see it, would they recognize them as the one who did it? Would Y/N ever be able to leave without being confronted or given looks?

Would they be arrested?

The thought hung in the air for a moment, it made sense. This would be considered harassment right? It should be, having boiling liquid thrown at you can't be pleasant or have good results.

Whatever the consequence they didn't have to deal with it at all. Maybe they never would? Avoiding conflict was pretty easy when you could turn into a slippery fox. You could hide away easily, tuck yourself into any small nooks in the city until things cooled down.

Sure the punishment might get worse the longer you hide from the law, but they wouldn't have to deal with that if they stayed hidden. That didn't sound so hard, it's not like the neighborhood Y/N lives in is well known. They technically weren't even supposed to be living in the house, they'd just made themself at home without the landlords knowing. Maybe nobody owned the house. Was it abandoned? Does anybody even care?

There was no address in any of their records or files, were they listed as "homeless" on some list somewhere? These records probably didn't even exist, where would they keep a list of everyone's address?

With a groan Y/N stood up,stretching their arms then giving a little shake. Placing their hands back in their pockets after pulling their hood over their head, Y/N quickly went back home. They had some hiding to do.

★★★

A/N: honestly not super happy with this particular chapter, feels kinda like filler lol.