01

•••yeosang

*yeosang and jongho are the same age in this story

i...can't remember what i last did. did i sleep? was i out?... maybe i'm just too tired.. i plopped on my seat and sighed. suddenly , i heard the abrupt footsteps of a group of students entering the class. so i kept quiet and shut myself up. i have social anxiety and i have a little difficulty in talking with people. and i have a bit of speech impediment which is an 's' lisp and i stutter a little (take note of this ;) ). so students don't like it when i speak to them.

i wish i was never born with social anxiety and speech impediment but i was diagnosed with it at the age of 6. so throughout my whole years, i never had a friend.

it was the new school year. i really want to escape this hellhole because i don't want to see jongho. jongho hated me for the years. i don't want to interfere with him but somehow, i do. all the time. the weird thing is that i don't like him for his bullying. but a part of me had this liking for him for some...weird reason. fuck, i'm a psycho for liking a bully, huh? FINE, CALL ME A FOOL! I'M STUPID!

class was starting and i can't help but look around to see if there was anyone new. well, not a lot of new faces. but i realised jongho was staring at my direction and i quickly turned around to avoid eye contact. ugh, god, i'm doomed.

i finished writing my last piece of sentence and quickly ran out to my locker. the reason i'm so fast is because jongho always bothers me whenever i'm at my locker. but fuck , i am dumb. he always catches up. i was done taking my other books. out of the blue, he slammed my locker door shut and i dropped my books.

"your money. give all of it." he demanded.

my money? but i brought it all from the last of my bank savings! i can't give him the last of my money? i didn't have the courage to fight back. i bit my lip till it was blood red.

".. no.." i squeaked.

"what did you say?"

"no. this is all i have, please-"

he snatched my wallet and took all my money. he couldn't care less, of course, on whether i was going to go broke or no. i gave up and just sighed. he threw my wallet to the ground while i tried hard hold in my tears. i want to cry so bad. no, not in front of him.

i picked up my books and my wallet. i looked inside. empty. great.

...

class ended. well, what's the point of going home if you have no money and you'll have to walk all the way there..? i may as well be stuck in school, i don't give a single fuck...

jongho.

i was about to leave the class and shut the lights when i saw yeosang resting his head on the table, hiding his face. tch.

i walked out and was hesitant. 'he can't possibly stay in the school.. right.' i thought.

shit

i halted and made a u-turn, the rubber soles of my converse shoes squeaked as i went back to the class. i opened the door and heard sobbing.

"w-what am i supposed to do now?..i messed up, didn't i.. i'm sorry, i messed up in everything. i-i can't even ask for proper help.." the sorrowful voice filled the room.

i've never heard him speak like this before. and why the hell is he sorry?

the rush of guilt started to explode in me. i sucked my teeth and went up to him.

"...here" i spoke, dumping his money on the table.

he looks at it and looks elsewhere. i did too. the atmosphere was awfully awkward. but he was stubborn and he laid his head back down onto the table.