Chapter 2

"Come on Moyashi, hurry up!"

"A-are you sure we can't just walk?"

"No, this is much faster, it would take all day to walk."

"I know that, how do you think I got here?!"

"It's fine, just get on!"

"... Are you sure there's no other way?"

"What, you want a magical flying carriage or something?"

"Yes, that would be nice."

Kanda let out a large exaggerated sigh at the Moyashi's stubbornness. He had spent the past ten minutes arguing with him about how riding the enchanted carpet was perfectly safe and that he wouldn't fall off but Allen refused to get on.

Kanda had been thoroughly surprised this morning when he'd stumbled out of the guest room, dressed in loose cotton pants and a green tunic, only to catch a strong whiff of eggs and green tea. He'd groggily dragged himself to the small kitchen to find the prince making rice omelettes on the wood fire stove, the Moyashi growing a smile at the sight of the sleepy wizard, greeting him with a 'good morning sleepy head' and a cup of surprisingly well made tea.

They had eaten with only slight bickering and blushing, curiously asking each other questions before it was decided that they should return the Prince home, for the sake of his parent's health.

Allen had found his sword, taking it off the kitchen table, and hooking it back onto his waist as he stepped out of the home that seemed a lot smaller from the outside. Kanda followed him out, telling Allen to back up a few steps before dropping a stiff piece of cloth onto the ground and tapping it with the edge of his magic wand. The young prince had watched amazed as the square grew into a five by seven foot piece of carpet, but when he was told it was for transportation, he refused to step onto it.

Kanda stepped off the carpet and with a snap of his fingers the carpet shrunk, the magic man stuffing it back into his sleeve while rolling his eyes.

"Fine, your majesty," he said sounding as annoyed as possible, "I need a strand of your hair."

Allen smirked as he won their little scuffle, pulling a single moon-white strand from his jaw length hair, and passing it to the wizard excitedly.

Pulling out two long strands of his own hair the wizard held them in his thumb and index fingers, a quick snap making the strands intertwine, weaving themselves into the thinest braid Allen had ever seen.

Kanda rolled his eyes but smirked at the male's amazement, he personally preferred the carpet since it used less magic, time, and materials but the look on the prince's cute little face was reward enough for the effort.

The wizard twisted the small braid around the end of his wand, lifting it above his head and making a strange pattern before throwing it downwards like a whip. Almost immediately, large thick strands of blue and white began pouring from the tip of the wand, the Moyashi watching with a look like a child seeing a unicorn for the first time. The strands quickly twisted and weaved this way and that, braiding and kitting and knotting, until the end of the material popped out of the wand, Kanda catching it and knotting the end before letting it settle into place.

A blue carriage now sat in the grass before them, it had no wheels nor a horse, but it was beautiful, the same blue as the wizard's hair with seemingly random slashes of white. Allen ran a gentle hand down a weaved braid admiring how tightly weaved and well made it truly was, the wizard smirking at him and opening the braided door for him, motioning for him to step inside.

Once they were comfortable on the comfy woven seats Kanda knocked on the wall behind him.

"Which way the castle?" He asked with a slight frown.