Chapter 3

For a few hours the Prince and Wizard toured the large castle, Kanda feeling a little lost and amazed at the size of the palace most of the walk, while Allen smiled kindly explaining the decor, history, and showing the male his favorite parts of his favorite rooms.

Eventually they reached the castles large well tended gardens, Kanda recognizing some plants from his homeland and pointing them out, Allen explaining the less familiar ones until they reached the end of the garden's stone path.

The path ended at the edge of a large pond filled with a variety of fish and plants, lotus buds and lily pads beautifully decorating the surface.

They had been standing in a strange silence that wasn't exactly awkward but wasn't comfortable either when the young Prince spoke up.

"I think this is my favorite place in all the castle... out of all the others I always loved to come here, it's so peaceful, and quiet."

Kanda nodded, silent a moment thinking of what to say to the male who's smile could make his heart sing, "... the lotus flower is my favorite."

"Really?" Allen looked to the magic male, "Mine too...they're so simple, yet so beautiful."

The Moyashi's words caused a tiny smile to take the taller man's lips for a moment, he was endeared by the observation and the truth in which it held.

They where silent at the edge of the water, nothing but the sounds of leaves rustling in the short breeze surrounding them, the white haired boy moving to a grassy edge before sitting and soundlessly staring into the clear waters, steel eyes following the fish as they pushed through the water effortlessly.

The scenery was beautiful and so romantic that Kanda couldn't help steal a glance at the handsome prince. He found that the Prince seemed to fit such a gorgeous place, his pale milky skin standing out drastically compared to the spectrum of green's that was the garden's, yet he looked right at home perched at the edge of the pond, his natural radiance blending with the nature around him... He was breath taking, even more so then the older male had previously thought, and it made him feel the slightest amount of fear as he dared open his mouth.

"Moyashi?"

"Hmmm?" The Prince hummed in acknowledgement without taking his gaze from the fish.

"How... What do you think of... of love at first sight?"

"What, what do you mean?"

"Do... Do you believe it's possible?"

Kanda could almost hear his own heart as he bravely brought up this idea with the boy who suddenly held his affections, the Moyashi's silence only sending the beating organ even further into a frenzy.

Allen was frozen by the sudden question, he could feel his cheeks heating as they filled with redness, he had wanted to ask the same of the wizard but he'd been beaten to the punch and now his heart trembled in his chest.

"I... I've always loved the story's of Prince's falling for Princess's in single glances, so I've always believed... I never... I say yes, love can be found in but a single glance," the Prince admitted after a moment, "do you feel the same?"

Kanda swallowed thickly, lowering himself so that he sat next to the white haired male amongst the grass, the water showing clearly both their reflections on its untainted mirror-like surface.

"I've always... hoped it to be true, even as a young child I wished for a true love, I read every tale that told of love no matter it fictional or of this realm, I know the symptoms of love, and I've studied it's ways. Many think it's a form of magic, yet it's far stronger then any magic I have ever come across, and even harder to handle then the pickiest of wands..."