Chapter 1- the exam site

Honestly, y/n expected it to be a little harder to find the hunter exam site. She was one of the first few to make it there, but that was to be expected from the daughter of an assassin and an heiress. She'd trained for most of her life for this exam. The real training would start for her after she got a hunter's license. It was a rite of passage in her family to start training to be an elite assassin only after turning of age and acquiring a hunter's license. As soon as her twenty-first birthday passed, she made her way to the exam site, finally allowed to get a license according to her family's rules.

       The room was rather spacious, and a little dark. Many of the other applicants were either chatting among themselves or resting. Y/n took a deep breath, getting ready to let out a long sigh of boredom. Someone else beat her to it though. Her eyes darted to the source of the sigh. It was a child, who had to be less than thirteen years old. He had fluffy white hair and blue eyes, and he seemed bored beyond belief.

'What's a little kid doing here?' she thought to herself.

       With her interest piqued, she decided the best way to find out was to just ask. The kid noticed her approaching and turned toward her. Before she had even opened her mouth to ask, the kid started talking.

       "Lemme guess, you're wondering what a kid is doing here?" he said nonchalantly.

       "Yeah, actually. How did you know?" she laughed. 

       "Oh come on! It was totally obvious, you were looking at me like I was a lost puppy." he shouted seeming surprised that she genuinely didn't notice.

        "Ha, I guess I was. Sorry about that, but what are you doing here?" she questioned.

        "Heard the exam was hard, and wanted to try for myself."

        "Oh, is that all?" 

        "Pretty much," he replied. "How about yourself?"

        "Oh, my father is an assassin and he told me I can start training to be one too once I get my hunter's license!"

       "Huh, no way," the kid said with the smallest amount of fascination in his tone. He seemed like he was going to say something else, but was interrupted when a man with dark hair and a blue shirt approached and cut their conversation short.

       "Hey, I haven't seen either of you here before," the man greeted. "My name is Tonpa! Here, you can have these. Let's drink to new friendships!"  He handed y/n and the kid each a juice. As they both opened the drinks y/n sensed something wrong and decided not to drink any. She inspected the drink and was about to speak when the kid interrupted her.

       "Thanks for the drink, my name is Killua." They both turned to you.

       "I'm y/n." she introduced herself to the two of them.

       "You're not gonna drink?" Tonpa asked.

       "Ah, no I'm a little nervous about the exam, and it kinda ruined my appetite, sorry." she bowed and set the drink down. 

       "Oh, that's alright. Nice meeting you guys!" Tonpa said before swiftly walking off.

       "I'm surprised you noticed there was something wrong with it so fast." Killua grabbed your drink and drank all of it as well as his own.

       "What are you doing? Why are you drinking those?" y/n reached over to try to take the drinks from him. 

       Killua finished the drinks and spoke. "Poisons don't work on me. After all, I'm an assassin too." His face darkened with a sinister smile. 

       "Wow, really?" the girl exclaimed with a look of wonder.

        Before Killua could answer a man began speaking. He introduced himself as an examiner and explained how the first phase was going to work. It was going to be an endurance run. 

       "This is a perfect opportunity to check out some of the competition, I'll see you later Killua. I'd love to hear more about how you became an assassin at such a young age sometime!"  y/n skipped off, and with that, the exam had officially started. 

       Y/n set a steady pace in the middle of the group and began observing the other applicants. She noticed Killua talking to another kid about his age, but what caught her eye more was a large figure with multiple pins sticking out of their face and body. His head and body moved unnaturally, and he seemed to have an obscene amount of strength. With a fast, twitchy movement he turned and met her gaze with a bone-chilling smile. 

       'Scary!' she quickly turned her head and to her shock bumped into the person next to her. 

      "Oh my, I'm so sorry about that!" she immediately apologized profusely, while still running. She looked up to the person she had bumped, and to her horror it was Hisoka, the magician. 

       He looked down at her with a creepy smile."Quite alright, dear. It'd be a waste to kill a specimen such as yourself before testing your abilities. We will meet again, y/n." He promptly disappeared after he spoke.

        Y/n jogged in silence until finally reaching a set of stairs. Right as she stepped onto the stairs, Killua and his new friend sprinted past her. Making her way effortlessly up the stairs, she was filled with determination.