chapter 11- Heaven's Arena

Y/n didn't take long to pack up and travel to the Heaven's Arena. They girl at the receptionist's desk explained the first level of the area to be a testing level that would determine how far up the tower to start. 

        She stood in the ring of her first fight on the first floor. The referee explained that she would have three minutes to demonstrate her skill. She was up against a huge body-builder-looking-dude.The people spectating her match began to laugh. 

       "This is the big leagues girlie. Go make some pancakes or something." The guy she was facing laughed in her face.

       The bell rang for the match to start. Y/n, seething with pure rage, ended the match with a swift kick to the man's rib-cage. With multiple bone shattering crunches the man was sent deep into the wall. Y/n sighed. "Shoot, hope he's still alive. I almost kicked for real." She shrugged and looked to the ref, who had just gone to check if the guy was alive. He gave her a thumbs up and sent her straight to the hundredth floor. 

         Y/n advanced rapidly to the 200th floor, but once she arrived she felt an all too familiar malice. She hopped backwards and tried to find the source before he found her. 

        "Hm, there's my favorite little bride-to-be." Hisoka appeared behind her.

         Y/n whipped around to face him, taking a defensive stance.

         "Oh come on, I thought we were past that." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder. He moved his face closer to hers and smiled. 

         Y/n reeled back from his sudden action. "Why are you here?" 

         "Hm, I actually wasn't here to see you, though I can't say I'm not happy to." He gave a devilish smirk that oozed bloodlust.  "You don't seem quite ready to be up here either though. Not yet." He sighed, seeming disappointed.

        "What do you mean?" She relaxed her stance slightly out of curiosity.

       "Secret, darling." Hisoka chided. "But, I suppose I can tell you, love." He dragged his finger along her jawline.

      Y/n grabbed his hand. "I'm engaged; don't touch me so casually." She took a moment to think. "But I still want to know what you're talking about."

      "Come with me." He walked deeper into the hall. She hastily followed him into his room. "You can't even use nen yet. You shouldn't fight up here until you can. Even someone such as yourself could be in danger."

      "Nen?" Y/n repeated. Hisoka explained the basic principles of nen to her. He Showed her how to focus aura, and he placed a cup of water with a single leaf in it in front of her. 

       "Focus your aura into the cup, and we'll see what nen category you fall into." He crept behind her and wrapped his hand around her neck right as she started.

       She jumped up from her seat and grasped Hisoka's hand, with her aura still focused into her own hands. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" She yelled in his face, not realized that his wrist was beginning to sizzle and smoke. 

       He pulled his arm away from her. "How interesting." Hisoka's face radiated excitement, in many concerning ways. 

       "Did-" Y/n started. "Did I do that?" She looked down at her hands and back to his burned wrist.

       "What an unusual ability that is." Hisoka licked a single drop of blood off of his forearm while maintaining an eerie amount of eye contact with her. "You're first fight will be with me, I'll make sure of it. You'd better get some more practice in before I see you next."

        "What? But how do I?" He shooed her out of his room. He slammed the door in her face before she could ask any questions. She walked back to the desk and signed up for a fight with Hisoka. She returned to her room and tried to sleep, but her mind wandered back to Silva's words about Illumi.

          'Maybe he's right. Maybe Illumi is too far gone to ever really love anyone, but still, I can't be expected to just give up. I'm supposed to marry him.' Y/n drifted off into sleep, still thinking of Illumi.

           When she woke up, she dove straight into training. Her fight with Hisoka would take place in only two days. She spent most of her time training, or resting. When the day of the fight arrived, she spotted two familiar small figures in the hall. 

          "Gon! Killua! What are you doing here?" She ran over to the young boys.

          "Wow! Y/n's here too!" Gon gave her a big hug. 

          "Don't tell me this means my brother is here," Killua groaned. 

          "Not that I know of. It was actually your father that sent me here." She recalled.

          "Sounds like something he'd do, but that doesn't mean Illumi didn't follow." He gave a shifty glance into a shadowy hall.

           "What do you mean?" She tilted her head at his peculiar words. 

           A figure emerged from the shadowed hall that Killua had been looking at. "Ah, finally, you've made it." Hisoka grinned, walking toward the three of them. "Before signing up for fights of your own, you've come just in time to watch dear y/n and I fight today." 

           The boys object of shock moved from Hisoka's arrival, to the knowledge of his fight with y/n. 

          "You're fighting Hisoka?" Gon started.

          "Today?" Killua finished Gon's thought.

           "Yup! Speaking of I have to get ready! I'll see you guys later." Y/n ran off to her room to mentally prepare herself for the fight.