chapter 9- Happy?

After Illumi had left, y/n fell asleep on the bed. She stayed asleep for a few hours before getting up. Illumi still hadn't returned. She got out of bed and left the room. She wanted to explore the house a bit, since she'd be living there.

       She started heading down a long hallway to a staircase that lead her down to another floor. Before she had even reached the end, she heard the harsh sound of a whip cracking multiple times as well as people talking. She burst into the room to find Killua bound to a wall with chains being whipped by an older teen.

       "Huh, who are-" the large teenager holding the whip started to speak, but y/n kicked him in the head before he had finished his sentence. He went flying across the room into the wall and y/n rushed over to Killua. 

        "Are you okay? What's happening? Why-" She started panicking.

       "Oh, y/n. Watching you kick my brother like that was hilarious, but what are you doing here?" Killua questioned.

       "Brother?" Y/n connected the dots in her mind. She turned towards the Zoldyck she had just kicked into the wall. "Oh my god, I am so sorry about that. I didn't realize you were related."

       "Y/n, huh? That means your Illumi's new fiancee then. I'm Milluki. You're pretty strong, no wonder they chose you." Milluki got up and introduced himself.

        "Nice to meet you, again sorry for attacking like that, but what was happening in here?" Y/n apologized again. 

       "Wait a second, you're what?" Killua spoke up. "Did I hear that right? You're engaged to Illumi?" 

       "Yeah, I am. Word travels fast in this house." She gave an embarrassed chuckle. 

       Wasting no time, Killua broke the chains and hopped down. He shot a playful glare at Milluki, but when he turned back to y/n his face darkened. "Be careful around him, and if you ever need to escape just let me know." 

       "He hasn't given me any reasons to not trust him yet." She halfheartedly tried to defend her fiance.

       "Ha!" Milluki laughed. "Like you need any reason to not trust him." Milluki chimed in. "And didn't he attack you right before he proposed at father's orders?" 

       "He what? God, you're way too trusting. Just be careful, okay?" Killua sighed.

       "I don't think he's so bad, but I will. Anyway how are you; I heard about the what happened in the last phase." Her voiced softened. 

       "Huh, oh I'm fine. A little bummed that I didn't get my license though." He said, sticking his arms behind his head nonchalantly. 

       "I'm pretty sure Gon and the others are on their way here to find you now." She told him.

       "Really? That's awesome! I better get ready to go meet him! See ya later, remember what I told you." Killua left.

       Y/n was now alone in the room with Milluki, who was fuming at Killua's escape. "So he could've left at any time then," he said to himself. "But this is just what we do in our family, you should get used to it." He spoke again, this time aimed at y/n.

       "What? You mean all of you do this?" She shuddered at the thought.

       "Yeah, so do your best not to get on Illumi's bad side, he's the harshest of us all." He laughed.

       "So this has been happening to all of you since you were just kids then," y/n gave him a look of pity. "No wonder he's like that." 

       Milluki reeled his head back, "Ugh your pity is making me sick, I'm outta here." He left y/n alone in the room.