« 🥀 » 𝐜𝚑. 1

-͟͟͞͞➳ 𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐚 

(𝓃.) 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 ; 𝑎 𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑.

The first time she sees him is in the hallways of the university.

She's hefting her bag over her shoulder after a triumphant couple of hours in the chess club, more than ready to go back to the dorms for a shower and some rest, when he catches her eye.

He's in a Heliotrope University shirt and a yellow hoodie- yellow, of all colors- that contrasts with his dark hair and eyes. He's leaning against the doorframe of a nearby classroom, talking to someone. The baritone of his voice floats over to where she stands, bag half-hanging awkwardly over her shoulder.

She shakes herself out of her stupor when the boy shifts, carding a paint-covered hand through his hair. She hurriedly adjusts her bag and heads away. She doesn't even know why she noticed the boy. Probably because of that damned bright yellow hoodie.

The dorms of Heliotrope University are arguably well-furnished for a dormitory. Then again, the university is well-known for its level of education.

"Bomi!" Emma Williams, her roommate, calls from the bathroom as she steps into their shared dorm, using her toes to kick off her shoes. Bomi catches a glimpse of Emma's wild curls and dark skin in the mirror of the bathroom, whose door is open.

"Hey, Em." She replies, setting her bag next to her desk. She shrugs off her thick coat and opts for her softest turtleneck sweater and leggings. She pops her lenses out carefully, replacing them with glasses. She doesn't like how glasses could give her a stereotype, so she hates wearing them in public.

By the time she's done changing and retrieving a dalgona candy from her stash, Emma has emerged from the bathroom, dripping curls bouncier than ever as she dries it with a towel.

"So, how was chess? Boring, I presume?" Emma asks teasingly.

"It was fun, actually." Bomi answers, tucking a stray strand of black hair behind her ear. She laughs when Emma makes a disbelieving sound. "I won all three matches I participated in."

Emma makes a face. "How come you're so good at everything? And I still can't believe you major in biomedical engineering. Like, biomedical engineering. I'm barely getting by with law. And you're Korean. I've always wanted to go to Seoul."

Bomi elbows Emma. "Seoul is smoggy and no fun. And political science and law is hard, Em. And you're not barely getting by, you're top of the class, aren't you?"

Emma sticks her tongue out. "So are you, and you manage to find time for yoga and chess and books and all your other hobbies."

Bomi reciprocates the gesture, and then they fall over laughing until Bomi's side is aching and she's wheezing and her glasses are crooked on her face.

They pick themselves off the floor soon enough. Emma's curly hair is still dripping all over the place, but she doesn't seem to care.

"But really, girl," Emma says, "You're really smart. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up going down in history or winning the Nobel prize or something."

"Oh, you flatter me." Bomi chuckles. "I just hope I can get through university."

"You'll graduate in first place, believe me," Emma tells her. "I mean, I just hope I can graduate without much fuss. And get into law school. And then become a lawyer. That still seems like such a long way."

"You'll get through it, believe me. You bet I'll come to you if I need to sue someone." Bomi says, and they share another laugh before moving onto their own due work.

Bomi goes through her usual routine of yoga before typing away on her essay for her research.

She almost forgets the boy in the yellow hoodie as she finally decides to sleep around two.

Almost.