chapter thirty-six

THE AVENGERS (PLUS BLAKE, LOKI, Bucky and Stephan) were not getting along. Was this unusual? No. Was Robin disappearing unusual? Also no. But Pietro disappearing? That was unusual. And it had everyone on edge.

Tony looked at Blake, his arms crossed. "Can't you do your... teleport thing and get him?" He asked.

Blake rolled their eyes. "It doesn't work like that," They stated. "It's reality and time travel, not teleportation."

"And we aren't using them, Stark," Natasha hissed, glaring at the billionaire with the force of a thousand knives.

Tony put his hands up in surrender, not wanting to die by the hands of the female assassin, knowing she can and would do it.

"There has to be some way to locate them, though," Clint commented, resting his head on his palm as he thought about possibilities. As much as he wanted to deny it, he was fond of the Sokovian speedster.

"It might take awhile," Bruce said softly, "but we can figure something out, right?"

Wanda frowned. It was clear that she had been crying, but had composed herself before this. She really missed her brother. "We have to get him back somehow," She said. Vision put a hand on her shoulder for support.

"We will," Steve assured her, even if he himself was not too sure if his own words were the truth. They had no idea where Pietro was, nor how to locate him. The situation seemed impossible. They would just have to hope that Pietro (and Robin) were not in any danger.

Stephan Strange did not know how to tell them that he already knew where they were...

"We need to find a way out of here," Pietro stated. He and Robin had just fully woken up, the former of which was red in the face from the position he had woken up to. He woke up before Robin did, and found that they had ended up cuddling in their sleep. Now he could not seem to get the stupid blush off of his face.

"And how do you suggest we do that, Bambi?" Robin asked, tone clearly sarcastic. His hands had not stopped fidgeting since he woke up, the realization of the events of the day before finally dawning on him.

Pietro shrugged (rather dramatically, might I add.) "I don't know! Can't you do that teleport thing you did before you disappeared?"

Robin scoffed. "I only have a certain range, genius, and there's nothing but water as far as the eye can see. So unless you want to drown, no, I can't," He said, crossing his arms over his chest. "Can't you run us to shore?" He then asked, his tone making it evident that he was mocking.

Pietro rolled his eyes, "Ha, ha, very funny."

"I try."

There was a silence. While Robin was pondering on how he could get off this damned island, Pietro was thinking something... different. "How did you know you were.. you know..." He asked, hesitantly.

"Gay?" Robin finished, glancing over to the blonde. Pietro nodded. Robin shrugged, looking back towards the water. "I don't really know," He admitted. "I was just kind of, always attracted to men instead of women."

"Oh." Pietro looked like he wanted to say more, but instead he changed the subject. "Why do you keep running away?" He inquired.

Robin looked at his feet. "We aren't the same, Pietro," He uttered, surprising the other boy with the use of his actual name. "I'm not a hero. Just because our morals mostly align... it doesn't make us the same." He sighed, looking back up. "No one trusts me. I was originally with the Avengers as a prisoner. It wouldn't be right for me to stay."

"Robin..." Pietro trailed off. He did not know how to tell him that he was a hero, that he was so much more than he thought himself to be.

Before more could be said, the roar of an approaching helicopter came from above. Robin was quick to turn his head in the direction it was coming from. Unconsciously, he grabbed Pietro's hand. The helicopter was quickly descending towards the ground, but not in a peaceful landing kind of way. It looked like it was crashing, and the smoke coming from one of the blades backed up that theory.

Robin tried to put up a force field to protect both him and Pietro from the impact from the crash, and it held up for awhile, until the very end, which sent the two back a bit, but they were lacking injuries. They exchanged a look, before Robin carelessly took off in the direction of the crash. Like an idiot.

"Robin, wait!" Pietro shouted after him, running after him. Robin, of course, did not stop, but that did not matter. Pietro caught up to him quickly, since his power was super speed.

They soon reached the site of the crash, where the helicopter was on fire. And yet, there was people there, relatively uninjured. Robin and Pietro stopped in place, staring at the four figures, surprised and confused.

"And this, dear Readers, is the start to a brand new adventure-" The guy in the red suit started talking.

"Shut up, Wade," The other man with a cyborg arm cut him off sharply.

"What in Zeus' name is happening here?" Robin asked rhetorically, his voice showing how tired he was with all these situations. "And why are you here, Kiera?"