- 12 -

HOT OR COLD

Jimin pov :

Walking down the lane I let the chill breeze sway through my hair silently calming me down. I was trying to find my way to a nearby cafe to grab a hot cup of coffee to warm me up for the evening.

"Not happening dickhead-"

"Watch your tongue there-"

"Or what? you gonna ask for an inaudible apology, I am fed up now stop spitting shit from that trash can of yours and get lost from here."

I stop in my tracks listening to the shrill voice of a girl at the opposite end of the lane.

She seemed to be around my age or rather younger by a year or two. Apparently dripping wet, her eyes shone with annoyance but her facial expressions said a completely different story. She was hurt, and angry but she made an effort keep her emotions hidden. Her cheek bones and nose turned a deep shade of pink because of the chill breeze.

Cold...

I thought for second resuming my pace in the cafeteria's direction. She walked away in the opposite direction not noticing my eyes on her.

The small ding of the bell resounded as I pushed open the door into the small warm interior of the cafe. The mild fragrance of choco and vanilla beans filled the space giving it a calming atmosphere contrasting to the constant cold breeze outside.

I walked up to the counter ordering a simple decafe. Looking around my eyes spotted a familiar figure in the opposite end walking along with two other females who were visibly drooling over his features. The guy seemingly enjoyed the attention more than the girls. He got up with his hand rested on one of the girl's waist walking her over to the counter ordering something she asked for. My attention on him was cut as a tap on my shoulder distracted me.

The cafe worker flashed the brightest smile I had ever seen, for a second reminding me of hobi hyung, looking down I realised he had bought my order.

Resting his elbow on the counter he looked in the direction I had been looking spoting the guy flirting with the girls by now. He smirked in my direction confusing me for a second.

"He is got his ladies and is perfectly straight. Sad isn't it, but I'm here if you want, love."

He gave me a cute smile hoping to earn my interest which only three me off further.

"Thanks for the coffee." His face sulked immediately, I ignored him eyeing the guy for one last time going out of the cafe holding the warm cup.

My mind wandered back to my old apartment the warmth I shared with her there, hobi hyung his smile and goofy nature. The fun I had even though it was hell where I resided. Coming back to reality I thought about the girl from earlier her voice still rang in my ears the shrill pitch to it that seemed cute yet fierce.

Author pov :

Yuan got back to the apartment noticing the garage was closed now she disposed the coffee cup and walked up the steps taking what felt like a eternity to climb every step.

Noticing two extra pair of foot wear at the for Yuan guessed the other men were back. Slowly reaching for the door she realised it was locked from the inside. Hesitantly she rang the bell, waiting for a few seconds before she heard the lock click on the other side.

A guy in his late twenties peeked out of the door. His eyes wer ethe first thing that caught her eye, they were twinkling like no other, his features sharp and exact face a chiseled work of art.