Chapter 4.

One day, I got a call from my friend, Mr. Lokesh. He would be coming back from Melbourne, next week, so he wanted me to inspect the electrical wiring at his house, as he was out for almost a year. He had already assigned one of his friends for plastering and other repairs of the house, so the electrical work was pending. Lokesh had approached me for replacing the electrical wires, and I accepted it. Lokesh was working in Melbourne, for a mobile company as a network engineer, he had cravings for modern technology, he had a shar-pie very dear to him. Lokesh wasn't a bougie. I worked out the costing, and I had few trusted men working in the society's office, they use to do menial jobs, and I had taught them some basic electrical jobs for them. In my absence they were handling the electrical work at society's office, as I use to be busy in temple as once in a blue moon there would be rush in the temple. In case the repairing work is beyond their capacity so they use to call me. I told the workers about the job to be done, and they were ready for it. I calculated the cost and send it to Lokesh on an email, he agreed with it, and in few days, he transferred the amount to my bank account.

As he was my good friend, so I deducted my professional charge, as it is exorbitant, however, I maintained the labour charges, material costs, and other overheads, but still the bill didn't balloon or ripped him off. It was reasonable, I couldn't compromise on labour charges as it would be unfair to pay them less for their herculean work. I paid the wages in advance, and they were happy, and I purchased the materials from the DIY stores. There was sufficient money after that, however, I made up my mind to rent a vehicle for an easy travel to Lokesh place. I had visited his place, but that was once, but I remember his place. I decided to go over there on a weekend, the work would take three to four days, the temple would be managed by priest from another temple, who is a friend of Shastriji. I thanked Shastriji for his gesture, and he trusted me, not boasting about me, but I guess my honesty and dedication has been an asset for me. I spent an inordinate time chanting Holy Hymns of God.

After offering my early morning prayers, I got ready to move to Lokesh house. One of the Lokesh's servants had come to my house the other day handing over the keys to me. I pulled my shirt and trousers, and then I packed my luggage. I carried my clothes, and also, I carried Holy Materials with me. Lokesh had requested me to carry out the Sanctification of the house, after the electrical work is complete. I carried Prayer Beads, Holy Vermillion, Basil Leaves, Fig Tree Leaves, Censer, Camphor Tablets, Stoup, Sandalwoods, Ladle and a metal Fire Altar. I did everything at first place.

One of my workers was a driver, so he got the van at my house premises. The materials were loaded in the van, I boarded the van, and the van drove to the mansion. I forgot to mention the name of the fellows, their names were, Mr. Ramesh, Mr. Mahesh, Mr. Sachin, Mr. Paresh, Mr. Santosh and Mr. Tushar.

Tushar was driving the van, I was next to him, while the rest of my fellows were sitting at open space behind, where the materials were kept, and I trusted them as they will take care of it. Tushar was good in driving, there haven't been any fender bender or prang to the van, since the van was purchased by the office. They weren't careless, so I knew that it, and they always took one step at a time. I decided to get a bite for them, and I had sufficient money. I must admit, that after paying for materials and labour charges, there were sufficient money left for other overheads. After having the breakfast, I purchased food provisions as we have to stay there for a week, there was a small stationary shop there, so I purchased adhesives and other materials as an alternative. This was a small town, and our destination was five kilometres away. We need to outlive there. I always thought of adages, when we come to new places, or any typical situations.