Chapter 1 (probably the only one)

It was a hazy morning, the night before was the hardest one so far for you. These nightmares, reoccurring in your mind. Leaving you to wonder about that state of your mind. Restless you wake, yet you haul yourself to get up. Forcing yourself to get ready. The only thing you looked forward to in your trip to Chile was visiting all the cafes and historical buildings.
In your small studio apartment that you have rented for your trip, it doesn't even take 4 steps before you reach your bathroom. The door creaks open as you push the heavy door. The room lets out chilly air and shakes you to your core. You see yourself in the mirror, unable to recognize yourself. How did I get here?
Who am I really?
Why am I here?
You stare into your eyes, darkened by the restless nights. Hoping to see the other you change, to do something. Anything.
Nothing.
You sigh and do your usual morning ritual.
You pack your bag, laptop. Check. Sketchbook. Check. Paints and pens. Check. Wallet. Check. You open it to see only $20 inside. Great. This is fine. You need to find a job if you really want to enjoy your month-long vacation here.

Originally you brought $2,000 USD. Yet You already blew it on grass. "Not the time..." you think to yourself. You take one good last look at your outfit, and throw yourself two hand guns. Lookin fresh.

Running away from your embarrassment, you quickly shut your front door, and jump down the stairs leading into your apartment's outside gate. You turn to lock your gate, though Chile is one of the safest South American countries, you can never be too sure.

Especially in such a forign location, you check your phone's map, to see the nearest cafe. You decided to reside in local locations and not near the touristy locations. To fully embrace the culture. Dumbass. The nearest is a mom and pop stop that only serves coffee and some pan dulces. No matter, since forever your stomach finally grumbles. Good, I'm hungry again. Popping in your headphones you start your small trip.

You follow the directions your phone tells you in your headphones, feeling the cool breeze as you walk. Still very early in the morning for you, it's 9am but in your home country it's near 2pm. At least here you walk up at a reasonable time. You draw near to the place and there? Nestled in between other brick homes, sits a small shop. Decorated with vines and small patio furniture. You smile slightly by the sheer pure vibes it gives off.

You push the glass door, and glass jingle plays above you.There is spanish chatter around you, various conversations, you would guess about 7 people all inside this cafe. good , I am not the only one here.

"Biendvendo!" A hefty voice greats you behind a counter, you stutter slightly.
"A saludos.." you say, your brain stumbling to find the words in spanish. You're taking a Spanish class in college, this should be easier for you. Maybe staying at a local location was a bad idea, you won't find many other English speaking people here. You shake the thought off. Quickly scanning the cafe you find a bar sitting near a window, with a view of the outside sitting. Nice people watching.

You place your bag down under the chair and place your jacket on top of it. As a public form of saying, this is my spot, I am sitting here. You go up to the counter, " ah hola, si me puedes dar un café con vainilla y un pan queso?" the old man nods at you, rings you up and gives you a number. You thank him and return to your spot, unpacking and placing your laptop on top.

Outside the window you see many people passing by, caught off guard by how busy this city gets in the morning. Right above your laptop you see a tall guy with frizzy hair pass by, your cheeks get warm. He's cute. Your eyes follow him and he enters the shop. The same glass jingle, but he greets the old man first. "Ah buenos dias, Martin. El Mismo." "Yes, thank you" the old man chuckles. "Estas practicando?" He rings a small bell and says your number. Your eyes slightly widen. Oh jeez, just my luck.. But it's not bad luck right? This must be good luck.

You slowly stand, as they still chatter. Your cup of coffee and pastry are right next to him as you go for them, "you're also traveling I take it" you manage to spew. He jerks around to see you, I think you might have caught him by surprise. He looks at you for a second before responding, "uh no" he laughs a bit, you can hear his accent more clearly,
" I uh live here, I am a local"
You laugh nervously, hating yourself slightly " Oh sorry to assume!" you say with a smile.
You grab your plate and return to your chair. Staring into your laptop, your mouse wanders endlessly. Mimicking work as you listen in behind you. He continues his conversation with the man and more people enter, more chatter and more footsteps.. The bell rings, the old man calls out a number. He thanks the man again.
"Where are you visiting from?"
You hear the same voice, but closer to you. You hold your breath in for a second and see dart your eyes to the right of you. He's sitting next to me? Oh god, oh god.
Hiding your panic, you laugh and say where you are from originally. He nods. "Well I'm martin and you?" You say your name. "Cool" he says with a smile. He grabs a sip of coffee, his elbow graces against your arm, gulps and opens his sketchbook and laptop too.
Like miciming nature, you open your bag and take out your sketchbook. " I also really drawing"
I got bored and stopped here, please let me know if you would love a second part ( Martin simps 👁👁)