Heartbeat || 13

________

________

April 27, Tuesday

Jeon Mansion;
07:30 am_

"I want-" Aera stopped to another bite of her sandwich that Jimin was holding in front of her mouth and spoke again, "I want to make someone smile, oppa."

The brother nodded at her statement, appreciating his sister's thoughts and the generous view for the world. But right now, getting her ready for school was an even more important task for him. He handed her the sandwich and got her shoes, crouching on the floor to make her wear them before it gets too late and she misses the bus.

"Done," She said after finishing the sandwich and looked at Jin who quickly handed her a cup of milk, gesturing for her to finish it too. "No, I'm full now."

"You have to drink it, Aera. Come on, finish it quickly." The eldest said.

Aera shook her head, pushing his hand away. And there, they had started a daily struggle of getting her to drink the milk which she never liked. Her face scrunched up, glancing at Jin who nodded subtly, telling her that it's okay, while bringing the cup closer to her lips. She closed her eyes, making a disgusted face and took a sip, just like every day.

"Hey good morning." Jungkook beamed, entering the kitchen with a smile. His body half covered in sweat as he had just returned from his daily morning jog. A chuckle left his lips on feeling Aera's gaze on him, virtually telling him to save her from this torture. He winked at her, pouring some milk in a cup for himself and showed him that he was drinking it too, and that she just has to follow how he does it.

"Good job!" Jin patted Aera's head, sighing in relief that she was finally done with her breakfast. Jungkook gave her a thumbs up and kept his cup aside. Jimin smiled at him, watching how he helped the kid drink her milk, for they knew it would've taken at least another fifteen minutes of persuasion and probably a bit of scolding to get the cup empty.

"Get up." Jimin said, "where's your belt?"

"I don't know,"

"Did you take all the books you need for today?"

"Yeah,"

"What about your lunch?"

"Uh I don't know,"

"God! Aera you should be doing all this on your own! You're not a little kid now!" Jimin scolded.

"Jimin relax-"

"No hyung, seriously, I'm so sick of telling her to get up on time, have her breakfast quickly and get dressed, but she doesn't listen! No, what exactly are you thinking? I'm not gonna be there and do all this for you every time Aera!"

"I'm sorry..." Aera mumbled, seeing Jimin getting mad. She stood up from her chair, taking her belt from his hand that he fortunately found in the living room, and buckled it on her waist to keep the skirt in place.