이십팔

A few candles lit the room. Dimmed lights set the mood. The food was set on their plates.

When Baekhyun walked in, he bit his lips so hard, he thought he'd bleed. He wanted to back out and run away because it didn't seem real, but when he felt Chanyeol's chest against his back and his hands on his shoulders encouraging him to move forward, Baekhyun had no choice, but to comply.

After they sat down, they began to eat. They didn't speak for the first few minutes, but gradually the conversation moved. It lightened even more when Baekhyun grinned and commented on their appearance. Chanyeol was wearing a plain shirt and shorts. Baekhyun wore a t-shirt and pajama pants. Neither of which was proper attire for what was supposed to be a romantic dinner date.

And once they were all done, Baekhyun rose from the table after thanking Chanyeol. He planned on heading off to wash his hands, but when he rose, Chanyeol rose faster than he and walked over to him, pulling him up. He led Baekhyun to the living room, which was just as dimmed and filled with the small flares from the scented candles as the dining room.

Then he took the music player's remote and hit play, initiating a flow of slow music out of the speakers. At this point, Baekhyun was shaking. It was too much for him to bear. He wanted to drop down to the floor, but Chanyeol's arm wrapped around his waist kept him up. With his other hand, Chanyeol took Baekhyun's right and intertwined them as they began to sway from side to side.

It was a sweet moment, but for Baekhyun, it also brought him pain. And even though Chanyeol rested his cheek against the top of Baekhyun's head, and even though he kept them swaying to the soothe sound from the speakers; he could hear Baekhyun crying against him.

As Chanyeol's grip on the smaller male against him, he clenched his eyes and bit his lips. He tried to ignore the dryness of his throat and fought the heavy urge to silently cry as well.