Scene with my OC

A bit of background info. Actually, a lot. Keep reading.

This scene is featuring my original character. I don't really have a name for her yet. She lives in a world where everyone can control an element; air, water, earth, and fire. (I made up this world before I watched a show with the same concept- don't come at me.) Her element is fire. 

She's strong-headed, very straightforward, and protective of her friends. She's also not afraid to take a fight. However, she's lost a lot in her life. The main thing being her brother.

See, in this world, there was a war between water and the other elements. Why water? I'll explain if you want (you don't need this information right now.) So this girl's brother joins the enemy's side. To clarify, the enemy (the water side) is being controlled by a corrupt leader. So her brother joins the enemy's side, and that tears the family apart. This girl's mom and dad become distant. She grows up not really being close with her parents, which does affect her. 

She starts thinking negatively, and in turn, makes rash decisions, and tends to push people away a little bit, saying she can take care of herself.

Now imagine this whole story is turned into a series. Maybe five parts. The event I'm about to write takes place further in the series, near the end, but not quite. 

This girl, when faced in battle with her friends and the enemy, does something reckless that puts the whole team in danger. This sends her spiraling into negative thoughts, always thinking that no one loves her, she's not good enough, and people would be better off without her.

Call me crazy, say that I have a messed-up mind. But this girl attempts, well... suicide.

I decided to write this because I want my story to be different from others, where it's more realistic- people don't always make mistakes, learn from them, and move on with their life. Sometimes these mistakes swallow them up and leave them trapped in their own mind forever. 

Fair trigger warning: this mentions suicide, so if you're not comfortable with that, then click out of this story, and have a nice day.

Here we go. 

I peered over the edge, my vision doing tricks on me and making it seem like I would topple over with one wrong move. Which would happen if I wasn't careful enough.

It would be quick. And no one was here, so no one could stop me. The street was completely deserted. It was a high enough ledge, with a beautiful view of the starry sky, all of them looking upon me.

I took the few steps toward the edge, every muscle in my body screaming at me, every voice in my head telling me to turn around, the angel on my shoulder whispering in my ear, saying I didn't have to do this. But I had to, because I only made things worse, I was the reason a criminal was on the loose, and everyone agreed I brought more trouble than I should. Except for one person. She would be better off without me in her life, though. And she didn't even feel what I felt about her, so what was the point?

Your fault, the devil whispered. Your fault he's gone. My fault he was dead.

Well, I thought, this is goodbye. Goodbye to who, I didn't know. But it was time.

I peered at the ground, hundreds of feet below, then up at my last view of the twinkling lights.

I took off my ring. Miranda would find it and keep it safe.

Now my feet were hovering over the edge. Goodbye.

This little bird was going to jump now and be free.

I just realized that me explaining the scene is longer than the scene itself. Sorry about that. Did you like it?

Also, she doesn't actually die. Someone pulls her in at the last second, but that happens in the next chapter. 

A little more information: this girl isn't actually the main character. The other person she mentioned (Miranda) is. I'm thinking of changing Miranda's name though. 

Also, I dropped a little hint on her feelings towards someone. Did you catch it?

Anyway, that's it for now. I'd love to do more scenes like this in the future. Tell me if  you want them!

Xoxo,

Dobby/Aurelia (call me either!)