Chapter 12

Elisabeth's pov.

This time in my dream, I saw that child that looks like Cassian once again. I saw it also a night before but on few seconds. I was sitting with a girl who had wings just like a boy. She looked very young, maybe even younger than me.

"That's my son."

I took a look at him once more. 

"Cute child, looks like his father and has your eyes."

"Elisabeth, I need to ask you something."

"What? You know you can ask me anything."

"I am asking you to watch over him when I can't, I don't like coming here, and you do it often so please promise me."

"I'll keep him safe don't worry, like his guardian."

"Dalila, your son is going to be a big force here at the night court."

We turned around towards the voice. Silver, that old man. Said the voice in my head.

"Really?" - she asked him with her face glowing with hope

"Yes."

"You see nothing to worry about."

"But your son  and Elisabeth won't be in best terms, because he..."

And that's when I woke up. Looking at the little clock on the side it's early. Enough to start getting ready for the little trip with Cassian. Dressing up and filling my bag with some first aid kit. My necklace around my neck and into my coat. I heard voices down there. So i get down.

Faith and Cassian at the door. As soon as he sees me, he smiles and I smile back.

"We will have breakfast there if you don't mind."- he finally says

"No, I don't."

"Then, can we go?"

I nod and get the bag in my arms. Saying bye to Faith, I get out of the house.

"I will fly you there, just hold strong cause it's gonna be long flight."

After long, long flight with Cassian, we are finally at the illyrian camp. He sets me down as I fix my hair.

"I hope you weren't uncomfortable flying with me." - he scratches the back of his neck

"Oh no no, it was okay, if anything you were warm so I didn't freeze."

We laughed. Pointing with his hand in front.

"Ladies first."

I laughed and started going, he joined beside me.

"Do you like helping people?"

"Well yeah."

"Why I am getting a feeling that this was a forced answer."

"It wasn't actually."

"Okay if you say so."

"At first they will train with me for a bit, then after if someone gets hurt you can help and explain to them."

I nodded. We arrived at the training space. There were winged females, but I am guessing their wings are clipped. As Cassian went to them, I sat on the bench. They began to warm up. After some time passed, a girl went to sit by me. I looked at her and she kinda looked familiar.

"What's your name?" - she was the first to ask

"It's Elisabeth, yours?"

"Berna." - I got no idea who this was

"Have we met before, you look like someone I met years ago."

"I don't think so."

"That girl I met, she was my nieces best friend, after my niece gave birth to her child and was abused by Illyrian men."

Oh I know. I looked up at the sky and quietly asked her.

"Your niece is Dalila, right?"

"Yes she is, so you are the girl?"

"Yeah."

"Do you know what happened to her?"

"Sadly she died, a long time ago."- I looked at her again

"Oh, she run away from here, as much as I know she moved to Hybern."

"Yeah."

"What are you doing here if you live there?"

"I don't live there, I used to."

And in a swift movement fast like a wind dagger flew towards her. My instinct was here quicker and my hand stopped the dagger just before her face. I heard gasps in the crowds of the females and males who were watching. Getting up from my sitting spot with the dagger in my hand, I walked towards Cassian and some female, I am guessing it was her, because she looked like she saw a ghost. Even he looked shocked. I looked at her and throwed the knife on the ground in front of her.

"Next time you decide to throw daggers, be careful and aim the target not people." - giving her a smile I turned back to go away but I was stopped by a hand on the shoulder

Turning my head around I was met with Cassian's face.

"What?"

"Can you come with me for a second?"- I nodded

We walked away from the crowd, and then he stands in front of me.

"What happened there?"

"Nothing."

"Elisabeth, that kind of reflex only has a professional fighter."

"I heard it before it hit her face and I just got it, okay,?"

"Are you sure you don't know how to fight?"

"Absolutely, it was just good luck, can we get back now?"

He nodded and then we got back. He told them it was done for the day, and that if someone is hurt to come to me first.

"Okay then, they are all yours."- now he sat on the bench

Some girls came first with some simple cuts, and I started explaining how treating works, and how to make a medicine for this. After I took a break, a young girl came to me.

"How did you do it?"

"Did what?"

"Caught that dagger?"- rolling my eyes I answered

"Can you keep a secret?"

She nodded and the look on her face was excited.

"I learned a long time ago."

"Oh, can you teach me?"

"Cassian is going to teach you that."

"Did he teach you too?"

"No."

"Then who did?"

"You are asking to many questions."

After answering I went back to girls to teach.