xv. zainjmalik

"Today," the teacher began, "we will begin our sign up for the online pen pal program. The computers are set up upon the website we shall use, I want you all to sign up for it and wait on the home page."

I didn't want to do this. It was 2015, who the hell even had pen pals? This project probably isn't even worth it, but I'm failing this class. I might as well take the free A+.

I typed in a simple username and password, waiting as the site allowed me in. I scrolled around the home page, looking at all the message boards and new people signing up.

"Now, go ahead and do some exploring. I want you to choose a steady pen pal and every day write a bit in your journal about what you learn about each other." The woman explained to the class.

There was a sigh in unison as everyone turned to their selected computer screens. My eyes glanced over all the online people, none really coming to interest. Refreshing the page, I notice a friend request.

zainjmalik / 22 / U.K.

Isn't he too old for a site like this? Accepting the request anyway, I noticed my inbox obtain a number one hovering over it.

zainjmalik: hi :)

'um hello'

zainjmalik: how are ya babe

'i'm fine, you?'

zainjmalik: I'm good! :)

'if you don't mind me pointing out, your 22. what are you doing on this website?'

zainjmalik: well first, there isn't an age limit for it and second, grown ups need friends too :)

I smiled at the screen, gaining a liking to his cheery attitude. Maybe zainjmalik wasn't so bad at all.

[this is how they met]