Late Night Hangout

Luz Pov:

After I had gotten out of sight from Amity, I broke down with a reddening and face and gripped my chest. When did she get so hot?! My heart and mind were running at a mile a minute, unable to comprehend on what just happened.

'She smelt like wild flowers and strawberries..' I thought to myself, putting a hand on my cheek as a dopey grin plastered itself onto my face. Who knew Amity could make herself look like a cotton candy haired goddess? I let out a sigh, continuing to walk back to the owl house while thinking of her.

"Oh shoot- I gotta prepare!"

With that, I ran the rest of the way there, only to see Hooty stretched out into the forest. I rose a brow in confusion as I heard him threatening what he had called his "green little rival". Didn't know what he was talking about, so I just walked inside.

I was greeted with the little demon running up to me happily and climbing up to lay on my head.

"Luz! You're back! ...I didn't miss you at all-" I could tell he was lying, his tail wagged happily as he nuzzled into my beanie.

"Hehe, missed you too, my little beach peach~" I took him into my arms, rubbing his tummy and making him giggle like a toddler.

"Hey Kiddo, how'd the reunion go then?" Eda came into the room with her staff in hand, though where Owlbert rested on it was covered in some sort of goop, to which she whipped off with ease.

"Oh, it was fantastic! And- I invited them all over to hangout if that's alright?" I grinned sheepishly, to which she merely snorted with a toothy grin.

"Just don't make a mess in the house or wake me up during the night, then you're fine."

"Thanks, Eda! You're the best!"

"Yea yea, now I got some more cooking to do." She huffed, pushing her sleeves up with determination.

"Oh wait! Could I use the portal real quick? I need to get some things for tonight before everyone comes over!"

"Yea sure, I don't care, just make sure it's safe before you go through it. It was a little unstable after rebuilding the thing."

I nodded, eagerly taking the key and summoning the door. It flashed open in an instant, taking a moment before revealing the human realm. After making sure it wouldn't close on me, I rushed back to my house to grab a few things like snacks, sodas, a few blankets and movies, and a portable tv to watch them on. I was about to rush back with everything before pausing in thought.

'I should probably leave a note for mamá. She might think I got kidnapped or something-" I set the supplies down before going to grab a piece of paper and a pencil, writing out a letter to leave on the table.

'Staying back in the Boiling Isles for the night. Eda somehow managed to make another portal, so I'll show ya around later.

~Love Luz'

After writing it out and smiling to myself, I quickly grabbed everything and rushed back to the shack through the portal. I placed the key back on the table in the kitchen, where Eda was still trying to force the vegetables into a pot. Then I went to set up in the living area and placed all the snacks and sodas on the coffee table.

"Ooooh, what are all these~?" King looked at it all in delight, rubbing his little paws together with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Those are for tonight, King. You may have one snack, but the rest are for my friends."

King pouted slightly, though looked through all the choices. "I'll take this bag of- 'Sour Patch Kids' or whatever."

"Just don't eat them all at once or you'll get a tummy ache."