Chapter 4 - Destroyed Mind

Daniel was having a dream, a horrifying dream, one that would scare even the bravest Spartan. "How is this happening?!" Daniel ran as the flood quickly locked on to his voice, which was not too hard to hear, considering he was in the middle of the nest. The gravemind spoke. "Stupidity and Bravery are two complete things, but they sound the same, now, wouldn't you agree?" Daniel was out of ammo, but he still had his knife, which was surprisingly effective. "I don't even know how I got here! I wouldn't call that stupidity, but a force of action!" And then he woke, sweaty, but he heard knocking on his door. "Hey! It's Maria, would you mind if I came in?" Daniel and Maria swapped phone numbers and address since they last met. "No.... Not yet. I still have to get dressed." Maria was still knocking. Had Maria not heard him? "Hello?! Are you awake?!" He wasn't loud enough. "I said not yet!" He quickly jumped up, and put on green army pants and an army shirt. Daniel could still hear the Gravemind's voice in the back of his head. "Why can't anyone find me?" His vision was green for a few seconds, but it quickly dissolved back to normal. Daniel opens the door, which Maria stands there nervously. "Hey, I figured we could probably get to know each other more since our last adventure!" Daniel knew it was the weekend so he agreed, and they both sat on his couch, watching some silly Spartan game shows, that featured retired Spartans sharing their stories, but some civilian had to figure out which one was the real Spartan. Soon, Maria went to sleep, muttering on and on about how some man should stop abusing her. He heard the Gravemind's voice again. "Kill them all!" Daniel knew something was wrong, but he didn't bother to check. Mostly because he didn't want to wake up Maria, who was resting peacefully on his shoulder. Daniel then hears his phone ring.

Author's Note - "The dream contributes to the story later on, but I'll leave you to guess on the right prediction!"