03

Catalina

You know that feeling when you're hungry but don't feel like cooking? Yes, that's how I feel now. It is already afternoon and I got up late again.

No, don't judge me. I need my beauty sleep, I need to avoid getting wrinkles. But where was I? Ah yes, hungry, don't want to cook.

Maybe I can have breakfast somewhere? No, probably not since it's already 2 pm.

I run the shower. Normally I always check the temperature of the water before I get in the shower. But I had forgotten that and the water was hot, too hot. "Fuck" I cursed myself.

After I got out of the shower I put on vanilla lotion.

Last year I used lavender lotion but I had an allergic reaction to it, my skin turned all red. And I'm tanned so turning red is not so easy. I kept using the lavender lotion for months just because the scent was so nice. But I eventually gave up and switched to the vanilla lotion. Which I'm happy about. The vanilla scent is better than the lavender one.

I wrapped a towel around my body and ran to my room when my phone rang. I was too late to pick up. Everything is against me today. I look who called me. Two missed calls "Ricardo" I frown at my phone and call him back. The phone rang twice and he answered.

"What do you want?"

"Who pissed in your coffee this morning."

"I did, now what?" I hear him laugh softly over the phone.

"Are you free today?" I nodded but realized he couldn't see me. "Yes"

"Wanna hang?"

"Sure, what do you want to do?"

"I thought maybe the beach?"

"Sounds good, can you come pick me up?"

"Ofcourse."

"Okidoki, I'll send you the address. Come pick me up in an hour."

Why did I say okidoki? I'm so weird sometimes.

I'm glad I'm going to the beach again, I haven't been there in months. I don't really know why, it's about an hour by car. But because I don't have a car myself, I always had to take the train. And they were always full of sketchy people and crying children.

Your IQ goes down when you're on that train.

But not mine of course.

I cleaned up my room this morning when I woke up. I am very proud of myself.

I put on gray jeans shorts with a white crop top. I never do much for my makeup. Only when I go out. So today it's just a simple look with lip gloss and mascara. I styled my hair with a flat iron, logical right? What else would I style my hair with?

I run downstairs and put on my white shoes that are at the door.

I like the color white to wear, I have tanned skin because the sun always shines here in California, and because I have my father's genes. And by wearing white things, your tan stands out more.

I open the door and see Ricardo standing at the door with his fist in the air, ready to knock. We both laughed at the situation.

He walked me to his car. "Is this your car?" He nodded. "I can buy four houses from this." He drives an expensive car. The color is matte black. We both got in the car

"I can recommend you to choose a different color of car, black attracts the sun and then your car will warm up faster." I explained. He hummed "But I do like the color black for this car"