Chapter 3:Welcome to 1894

Notes:
This is a rewrite from @ARTSEOULVK's au on twitter !

Chapter Text
Taehyung stopped at his moment of shock, looking blankly right at his phone. "Taehyung? Are you okay?" His mother asked, feeling a bit worried for the sudden pause of his son.

Taehyung slowly looked back at his mom, examining her clothes and his next doings was to explore his gaze again inside the whole house. From the walls, the doors, the colors and interiors we're like a vintage aesthetic. He's only seen these things in the internet but he knew that there are houses that really exist like this.

But that's not the point.

He felt like he hit by a huge truck just because of seeing the date in his phone. October 7th of 1894? That's so ridiculous. He's read time travelling in books and he knew it would almost be possible if only Einstein hadn't died yet before he finish the first time travel machine. But now, from what he's seeing with his both damn eyes, he felt like he beat Einstein.

"18..94?" He hesitantly spoke, eyeing his mother. Valerie spoke, "What's with it?" She felt suspicious at how her own son is acting right now. It doesn't seem in place.

But Tae thought, that if he really jumped back in time...does that mean he's seen their national hero alive? He's seen Captain Jeon alive?

Fuck. He thought.

Because if it really is true, that would be so embarrassing. He can still remember the way he bumped onto him, acted so silly and even tucked his tongue out in front of him. Taehyung cannot help but to smack his own forehead.

He believes in fairytales, he really does. He can still remember how he wondered all his life if he would ever meet his prince charming - or if fairytales even happen in someone like him, gay.

But he can't actually BELIEVE that he's right here. That he jumped back in time. Who was he here? What was his purpose here? Is this his past life?

"Oh my Luna! I forgot that I'm cooking!"

Tae was shook out of his thoughts when he heard his mother shout. He just laughed it off, he missed seeing scenarios like this.

"Your house looks so elegant, General."

Even though Tae was on the upstairs, he could still hear the murmurs and conversations of the guests that just arrived in their home. It has already been 3 days since Taehyung had jumped in reversed time, and he's slowly coping with the routine here. But sometimes, he can't still blame himself for missing the future. From the internet, the gadgets, the fancy modern designs,

And Jimin, his one and only soulmate.

Right now, he was regretting that he did not even talk to him before this happens. I guess it's true tho? That you will only realize the importance of one thing when you loose them. It sounds ridiculous, but Taehyung had proven it ever since he lost his own mother in the future.

He was all glammed up, clothes were formal and even his looks. He was told that his father would hold a meeting here today, and their family was invited for a dinner.

There we're lots of visitors, but the long table was thankfully enough for all of them to fit in. They look like those politicians, who only knew nothing but business and sophistication. Well, including Taehyung's family (now), because judging from the house interiors, they seem to be fortunate in life.

Thankful that he did not end up with one of the servants.

Taehyung was looking down from the railings of stairs, feeling so nervous because he wasn't used to this kind of set-up, especially now that he knew that he's in the past.