⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 13 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

hey :)
i hope you're all doing well
sorry for being an ass and not uploading
but here
lets get on with the story
i want to delete this book sm lmao
i rote play by play notes for this chap during the game only to realize the website had them ;-;

brazil had taken a 3 point lead right off the bat. it really was just the start of the game, but being that much behind could've pressurized anyone. you weren't sitting in your designated seat but instead held onto the railing of the area, rooting for japan to win. none of the players looked stressed or anything, so you weren't too worried. japan took the next point when brazil had a service error, and you cheered on.

when japan had hit 9 points and 3 behind, they called for a time out. you and hana had filled up the bottles prior to the break and decided to not go talk with them as you were scared to distract them from the game. you were looking at the boys who were in focus listening to coach blain tell them what to do. after nodding to his advice you saw takahashi looking around for whatever. of course you would know, as your eyes were practically glued on him. he caught sight of you in the stands and smiled at you as you gave him a thumbs up.

"we're not looking so good huh." azumane popped up next to you.

"yeah." you sighed.

"don't worry about it, we have a great team." he double pat your shoulders and walked back to his seat. you looked as takahashi fiercely scored a point, breaking through brazilian block. you were screaming your cheers and and the men huddled together in celebration.

towards the end of the set, brazil had pushed ahead and it was very likely they would take it. you never left the railing once, until fujimasu-san tapped you on the shoulder. you nodded knowing what you had to do and walked down the steps to go fill the bottles.

"oh, you're filling those up too?" you turned around to see lucas with the bottle baskets in his hand.

"well, we are nearing the end of the set." you laughed, filling the last bottle up to the brim. "nice start, but we won't give up easily." you smirked at him threateningly.

"i have to say, what they're doing is definitely something, but we won't go easy on you either." he teased back. you smiled at him before walking back to the stands. you only had to fill up a basket of water bottles since the other one was full, but you saw that lucas had held to baskets and that brazil was 2 points away from taking the set. you decided to go help also wishing that japan had set a good counterattack so the set would go on a little longer.

"you seem like you need help." you teased at a speeding lucas.

"actually yeah i do. you mind?" you shook your head and took started helping him out. you were both speed walking back to the court since you heard the whistle blow. you followed him to the brazil team and handed him the basket. "thanks." he smiled.

"it's no problem, if you need help, just come get me." you returned his smile and walked back to the team, where azumane was giving out bottles. by the time you reached your side the team was switching sides. "good job guys, now lets get this set." you assured them when you walked past. ishikawa gave you a high five and nishida a fist bump. takahashi simply just gave you a sad smile, which made you realize that he was still living in the past. "hey." you slightly grabbed his arm. "the set passed and there's no undo button, so focus on what you're doing right now." you said in a strict yet comforting tone.

"thank you." he nodded towards you before catching up to his team.

"you have got that boy whipped." azumane says, you practically feeling his smile behind you.

"huh?" you turned around. "what do you mean?" you said quickly.

"i mean, the way you look at him, the way he looks at you, how are you not dating?" he asked.

"okay, we've only known each other for like two weeks. yeah we've kis-"

"you KIS-" you quickly covered his mouth.

"shh. like i said, it's too fast for anything."

"yeah but i ship. plus watching akuzaki-san trying to flirt with him is really funny."

"you sound kinda fruity." you teased him.

"i'm straight!" he yelled in defense.

"yeah, yeah. i have a feeling we're gonna do better."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

the thing was, it wasn't getting any better. it was already the third set, and it was a must for japan to take the set in order to continue. japan had put up great defenses but brazil's wrath was high, and lucas wasn't lying when he said his team wouldn't go easy.

the score was 17-22, and ishikawa had just gotten a service ace. the team roared in excitement from gaining two consecutive points. brazil was ahead but japan was finding a hole to weasel out of. ishikawa gave them another demon serve, even faster than the last one, but the opponent picked it up. the dig was definitely off, and brazil were struggling to keep their composure. the point was given to japan, and brazil called for a time out.

"ah, seems like you guys finally caught some wind." a voice said behind you.

"shouldn't you be giving out water bottles?"

"shouldn't you?"

"we have other volunteers."

"exactly." he walked up and held onto the railing, copying you. you both stayed standing for a few minutes, watching the game continue, and brazil making the gap wider.

you clenched your teeth seeing that attempt after attempt it wouldn't work.

"hm. match point." lucas turned to face you before softening his eyes at your state. "sorry i'm being an asshole, i'm just really condensed into volleyball."

"its okay." you laughed it off, playing with your fingers to the nervousness. they had dug yamauchi's serve perfectly, before setting it to their number 13, who slammed down on the ball furiously.

that was it. japan had lost.

-

no because i read a mafia fic and wanted to write one so-
drink water and stay safe yall :)
ily <3

nothing else :(