after the exhibition | rindou haitani

makie_wakie

----

keira
fluff/angst
haitani rindou

----

"Oh? There's a ice skating rink here." rindou muttered, looking at the large area of the said place as he approached the rails on the sides.

He observed the few people who were skating around the place but one caught his eyes.

Her brown-colored hair that was tied up into a high ponytail was flowing carelessly in the air as she twirled gracefully. His eyes sparkled, he was amazed.

ring ring

rindou snapped out of his thoughts as his phone ringed. "Hello?" he asked, eyes now averting from the rink.

"Let's go out lunch." his older brother, ran offered.

Eyes looking back the rink, rindou slightly smiled, "I'm afraid i have to turn down your offer, brother. I found something interesting here." he declined, eyes turning back the girl whose still sliding gracefully around the rink.

"Oh? you're having fun, huh?" rolling his eyes, he muttered a curse to his brother before ending the call.

"I hate him." rindou huffed, looking at the closer railings, he walked towards it, anticipating that it'll give him a better view of the interesting girl he met.

⸻⸻

Keira stood up from the chairs as she finished her 10 minutes break. "Psst! that guy there has been staring at you!" ryuu whispered, indirectly pointing at the jellyfish-haired guy who was watching other skaters slide throughout the area.

"Oh. I noticed too." keira grinned, glancing at him as her friend squealed.

"Go get him! maybe this is your chance to get a boyfriend!" her friend persuaded, pushing her as keira rolled her eyes.

"Sure, thanks, i guess?" she chuckled, moving her foot forward as she started sliding near the railings the jellyfish guy was on.

"Hey." keira called, hands landing on the railings as she stopped just beside him.

"Hello there, pretty girl." rindou greeted back with a small smirk on his face, making keira chuckle.

"My friend told me that you've been staring. What's got you interesting?" she stated, a lazy smile plastered on her face, leaning backwards on the railings.

"Hmm, i don't particularly know," rindou answered, the tips of his mouth curling up. "Say, i'll take you out tonight?" rindou offered.

"Woah, i don't even know your name yet." keira whistled, amused by his boldness.

"Rindou's my first name. Haitani's my surname, also yours soon." he winked, genuinely making her laugh. "Mhm, sure. I'd love that."

⸻⸻

A year had passed since that encounter, the two have been hanging out as months passed and now, they're a couple.

"I have something to go before the exhibition starts." rindou informed, glancing at the girl whose putting on her purple skate shoes that were gifted by rindou just a month ago.

"Oh, okay. How many minutes would you take?" keira asked which rindou just shrugged to. "Maybe 30 minutes? i might as well live now so i can come back quickly." rindou answered, standing up and pecking her forehead.

"Okay, come back before the exhibition, okay? Or else i'll go out with sanzu." keira threatened as a frown appeared on rindou's features.

"No need to do that. I won't be late anyway. I love you," rindou huffed, ruffling her hair before leaving. "I love you too."

⸻⸻

An hour later...

'The contest has started, where is he?' keira thought, scanning her eyes through the crowd though she failed to see his remarkable jellyfish-styled hair.

BANG

"Eh..?" keira muttered, feeling a growing pain on her chest as a few more gunshots ringed throughout the rink.

Before she even knew it, she was already laying down the floor, her blood slowly forming a pool. "Keira!" her friend shouted, the sounds were slowly getting blurred out.

"G-get down.." she trailed off, blood flowing out the side of her mouth as her friend crouched just beside her.

"Hey, keira! keira!" those were the last things she heard and all the sounds were blurred out her ears.

'Hmm, i wonder where rindou is' makie thought, her lips curling into a sad smile as tears came sync with it.

Unfortunately, she slept.

⸻⸻

"Come on, what the fuck." rindou cursed, unable to stay firm as ran sped up the speed of the car.

"Stop cursing, we're gonna arrive the mall soon." ran sighed, rolling his eyes at his younger brother.

Nearing the entrance, both of them were surprised to see ambulance/s and police cars infront of it. "What?"

"Stop the car, i need to go to keira." rindou ordered, his hand settled on the door handle as ran hesitated but stopped.

He could visibly see rindou shaking as bloodied corpse were being carried out the mall.

"Keira.." rindou muttered, speed-walking towards the scene though fate seemed to welcomed him with the sad fact first thing upon arrival.

Keira's body was the first body he saw close up and it made his jaw dropped in shock. "B-babe?" he managed to stutter out, kneeling beside her and holding her hand, her cold hands.

"No.." rindou whispered, gently pulling her up his chest. "Hey, pretty baby. wake up, i'm here." he desperately called, caressing her forehead.

"Do you know her, sir?" a police asked, having notes on his hands.

"Haitani Keira, this girl here is my wife." rindou answered, visible sadness and anger lacing his voice.

(a shootout happened on the mall)

⸻⸻

"Remember when i introduced myself to you? I told you that your surname would also be haitani? I planned that. I was going to propose to you after the exhibition but fate is fucking mad at me." rindou whispered, looking down her tombstone as a single tear left his eye.

"I also wished i kissed your lips that time."

----

written by togenami