chapter 11- you deserve the world

I woke up, overwhelmed by a terrible feeling of sickness.

My puffy eyes were burning from all the crying that I had done yesterday.

  I hadn't done the practice that I wanted to, so I had to sacrifice my "break" day and study.

  Slowly dragging myself into the kitchen, I noticed the purple flowers.

  Asters, that's what he had called them.

  Wilbur had planted them in the flower pot like I had asked him to.

  The thought of him brought a smile on my face.

  I was so thankful he had come over yesterday.

  He took good care of me;

  after I had woken up for the third time, covering me up with blankets, making me tea and humming his songs to me, until I was asleep.

  I was a bit dissapointed he wasn't there when I woke up this morning, but obviously he had a life outside of our friendship.

  To distract myself from any negative thoughts, I read books and practiced the violin.

  Time was going by very quickly, and before I knew it, it was 4 a.m. and I had exactly 14 hours until the performance.

  And just like that, the hours kept passing by unnoticeably fast.

  Two hours, until the performance.

  I took out my satin black dress from my closet that I had saved specifically for this occasion.

  The conductor had let us know about the dress code two months prior, so I was already prepared for this.

  The main colors were black and gray, with women wearing either skirts or dresses, and boys wearing suits.

  I put on the dress and looked at myself in the mirror, noticing every little detail about me.

  My pale legs, and skinny arms.

  Although I used to have trouble with my image, I was lucky enough to be over that, and happy with myself.

  Obviously, Wilbur coming into my life made a huge differance, as he took my mind off of things whenever he was around.

  Words could not explain how grateful I was.

  As I was checking to see if I had everything with me, my phone started ringing.

  Niki read the name on the screen.

  "Hello?" I asked confused.

  "Y/n, I am not doing very well, can you come over?" her voice trembled.

  "I'm on my way"  I said, without a second thought.

  Luckily, I'd been to Niki's house a few times in the past month, therefore not having to waste any time looking for it.

  Once I got there, the door was already open, and I could hear crying from upstairs.

  I quickly ran up, holding my dress to not accidentaly trip on it.

  Walking into her room, I was shocked to see her laying on the floor, with Sapnap next to her.

  "Y/n! Help me get her up" he panicked.

  I did as I was told, helping him pick her up and carefully sit her on the chair.

  "What happened?" I asked.