9.

As the clock hit 4AM, Madeline jolted awake

Rubbing her eyes as she stood, the girl sighed as she looked through the small water droplets on the window, slowly merging together as they fell.

She smiled for a moment, yet soon snapped back to reality. Walking over to her bathroom in which she brushed her teeth and washed her face with ice cold water that made her lip quiver, she was soon out, placing a cloak over herself.

Sighing again, she slid on her shoes, grabbed her broom and a few things from the top of her scratched, engraved dresser.

She brushed her hand against the door handle unwillingly, finally pushing it open after a few minutes.

Escaping the castle wasn't much of a hard task for her, and she was soon roaming freely through the skies of Britain.

As she glided through the air, the light and cold November rain hitting her soft skin, her thoughts wandered.

Millions of them raced in her head as she was preparing to land in London which she had been flying over for quite some time.

Madeline was frightened for the first time in a while as she floated over her aunt's new home, the same aunt that she hadn't had any news from for the past four months.

She wasn't exactly frightened of what she might find inside, rather what she wouldn't .

Her hopes up as she saw the woman's garden, and it's exceptionally well state. Then she remembered her aunt would never have the time to upkeep her garden with all of the Ministry work she had been given to do.

Maybe she's just changed.

Madeline had now landed on the hard floor with a loud thud .

Pulling a hard silver mask over her face, along with her hood, the young woman pulled her wand out, sticking it in front of herself as she walked cautiously, yet quickly.

Placing 5 gentle knocks on the door, Madeline waited patiently, yet there was no answer.

Sighing, she spoke the well-known incantation and the door swung open, revealing the long hall that seemed to lead into the living room.

The hall was dusty, the photographs on the walls broken, hanging on for dear life, and there was glass particles scattered everywhere.

If it weren't for that, the house was marvelous and large, the spiral staircase that lead up to the second floor surrounded by three large windows, that were currently halfway open.

Taking a step forward, Madeline looked around, not finding anything of significance to her aunts presence.

Stepping even further more, she was able to glance over a part of the living room.

Everything seemed dusty except for the fireplace which was on, green flames flashing out, which, at the moment, didn't seem very unusual to Madeline.

Her aunt was a Ministry official after all. Her house had to be connected via the Floo Network.