**PART 3** (Chapter 14: Returning Home)

"How come I can't remember anything!?" ~(F/n)

~Your POV~

Mark and I took the same flight home to Ohio. He was holding my hand while I held back the tears to come from Francis attacking me like that. My parents were left silent as they sat in the row of seats in front of us. Mark was looking out the window with me, watching the clouds pass us, or watching us pass the clouds.

"Are you feeling okay?" Mark asked me. I looked at him and shook my head. "No, I'm not." I told him. He breathed in. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." he said softly. I looked at him for a minute, nodded, and looked back out the window.

A few hours later, we arrived home. We already drove back to our apartment and I'm getting settled in my room. A bruise was left across my left cheek from when Francis slapped me hard. I was getting sick of all of the abuse. What did I ever do to deserve this? Breathe?

Suicide crossed my mind infinite times while I was in here. Sometimes, I feel like I deserve to die because of the things that happen to me. People always say that things happen because of the choices we make. But it's becoming too excessive for me.

I heard a knock on my door. It broke me out of my train of thought. "(F/n)?" my Mom called. I spun my head toward the door. "Can we come inside?" Dad asked. I let them in and they both came in and sat on my bed. "The police updated us about Francis." Mom started. My heart stopped. I hope that asshole stays in jail forever.

"He's going to be put in prison for five to ten years, and his bail price is about two hundred-fifty thousand dollars. So he won't be getting out anytime soon." Dad explained. I smiled and hugged them both together. "That's awesome." I said, trying to put on a happy face.

~Mark's POV~

(F/n) is doing better now that we're home. I called my therapist about what had happened and he was proud of me for protecting her. An abusive boyfriend would protect someone the wrong way, but I went about it the right way. He's almost positive that I'll be out of therapy sooner than anticipated. I just hope nothing happens to her again. She doesn't deserve this kind of agony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VERY SHORT CHAPTER, I KNOW -___- but they're just getting home, and things are about to get slightly crazy. im almost done with this book, and i desperately want to start the 4th one. I'd say about 2 or 3 more chapters from here on out, but i can't guarantee them to be long yet :/