Feverish

Warning: This chapter may contain spoilers. 

A few hours prior, Yoo Jonghyuk had left the house and had left Kim Dokja alone. The Demon King had wanted to take a nap, so he did. He headed to the bedroom and flopped onto the bed. As soon as his head touched the pillow, he fell asleep.

However, as he woke up, he realized that he wasn't in their bedchamber anymore, but in an unknown place. He found himself in a small foul-smelling shack, which must be infested by mold. To his right was a small window, as he looked through it, he saw a large and brilliantly blue lake that seemed to divide itself in multiple small streams along the way, a forest and the outline of a castle that was oddly familiar.

Before him stood two unsightly demons, a tall skeletal one and an overweight one, who looked as if deeply immersed in conversation. He then noticed that his hands were tied behind his back. While the hero was away, they must have had some uninvited guests. Did he get kidnapped again? If so, then the castle in the distance must be the one he was trapped in for the last few weeks. Then, did it mean that there was a way for his confinement to finally end? He'd already tried to escape from there on multiple occasions, however he had never succeeded. Should he attempt to escape from his kidnappers (he was the Demon King, the final boss of this story, so beating up these two mobs should be like a walk in the park) or should he wait for the hero to find him? The latter didn't seem like a good idea, it could perhaps give him an idea on his identity as the Demon King and that would be his end. The realisation made his heart have a fearful pang.

" Author-nim, why must you do this to me?'' contemplated the Demon King.

Shut up Kim Dokja. Stop breaking the fourth wall. The reason I'm doing this to you is because I'm running out of fluff scene ideas. As he was about to give a piece of his mind to the writer, a voice interrupted their discussion.

" Look, he's awake.''observed the fat fiend.

" Indeed.'' confirmed the emaciated one.

Why were they talking as if he wasn't there? Putting that aside, he needed to act fast, he needed to go back to the castle before the hero did. He easily snapped the ropes tying his hands together with brute strength (wow, turns out being a demon king does have its perks) and charged towards his kidnappers. For the first time since starting to live with Yoo Jonghyuk, he made his wings and horns appear. Startled, the demons had attempted to dispose of him. Rather unsuccessfully. Even if Kim Dokja hadn't hit the gym in years, defeating them was child's play. After all, he had the memories of the previous Demon King who'd had years of combat experience. To dispatch the skeletal one, a punch in the gut was enough, the area of impact had been blown to smithereens and, with a pitiful whine, it had quickly started to disintegrate into ash. However the plump one didn't go down as easily. After punching it square on the jaw. It had almost managed to elbow Kim Dokja in the nose, however, thanks to adrenaline, he'd managed to avoid it and delivered one of his own on it's large stomach. After exchanging a few blows, he had finally kicked it in it's belly and it had soon become cinders.

He was disappointed that they had died so easily, he wanted to interrogate them about their motive for kidnapping him. However, now he had to figure out how to get back their chambers in the castle. He could fly directly to the Demon King's chamber, however even if it wasn't a dreadful idea at first sight, it wouldn't do. Judging by how high the sun was in the sky, quite some time had passed since Yoo Jonghyuk had left and he would be coming back soon. Besides, their chambers were at the highest of the castle's towers and even if somehow the hero didn't notice him, someone else could. That would be troublesome. He was glad that the demon mobs had disintegrated into ash, because he didn't need to worry about having to get rid of the evidence, it was already done for him.