Getting Closer (2)

Kim Dokja was a reader. He'd explored the depths of literature and had cultivated his rich imagination over the years, however even he couldn't have imagined this. Why the hell was he sitting on the lap of the protagonist of one of his favorite series ever? They were sitting there not saying anything. Bless Kim Dokja's crippling webnovel addiction, it was incredibly awkward here. The Demon King finally broke the silence.

" Can I leave now? "

He quickly received an answer.

" No. " the hero said promptly.

" Please? " the Demon King tried desperately.
He put on the most pitiable expression he could muster.

When Kim Dokja looked at him that way, Yoo Jonghyuk's heart melted. He wanted to pat his head and ruffle his hair. Even so, he didn't give in to his desperate plea. He knew better than to let his roommate go. After all, he would just run away from him and pretend like he wasn't there for a few days. He didn't want that.

" No. " he said as he tightened his grip around Kim Dokja's wrist. His roommate tried to get free without any success. Damn protagonist.

Kim Dokja soon gave up. Yoo Jonghyuk was as stubborn as a mule. The Demon King doubted he could do much to convince his roommate to let him go. Deep down, the Demon King wanted to stay like this forever and do more than just sitting on his lap. However, he was too stubborn to let himself realize his feelings for the one he was sitting on. The Demon King thought that the hero just wanted to humiliate him due to boredom. The thought made him feel angered.  He gave his roommate a piece of his mind.

" Stupid sonava sunfish. "

The room became quiet instantly. As his anger suddenly evaporated and was replaced with dread, Kim Dokja wondered if this was truly his end. After a few moments went by, Yoo Jonghyuk  interrupted the silence.

" Does that mean that I'm half sunfish? "

Huh? This was too much for Kim Dokja to handle. The hero didn't take his remark the wrong way? Kim Dokja could feel his monkey ancestors calling out to him.  Return to monkey, they seem to say. Yes, maybe he should. So he did.

Yoo Jonghyuk internally chuckled. Kim Dokja was being cute as always. Today, he had the pleasure of discovering that not only were his personality, his looks and his radiant smile cute, but even his jokes were freakin' adorable. He assumes that he would also be cute in bed-His thoughts were soon interrupted by the one on his lap.
" You're too handsome to be half- sunfish. " said Kim Dokja as he finally left behind his monkey brethren.
Uh huh, Whatever you say you endearing little ball of sunshine... Wait-WHAT DID HE JUST SAY? D-Did he just get called handsome? *gasp* His kokoro went doki doki. His ears flushed. Sure, he got called handsome an unfathomable number of times and couldn't be into a public place without multiple people checking him out, (only few bold enough to hit on him), however being called handsome never made his heart and his friend down south so excited. This was Kim Dokja. Yoo Jonghyuk felt like a teenager in love again. Hopelessly, madly in love. Hearing praises of any kind made his heart flutter. Whether it was about his looks, his cooking- anything- would make him gleeful.
The room, once again, became quiet.

Kim Dokja was, once more, starting to dread for his life and for his mental well-being. If this kept up, he doubted whether he would keep his sanity- and virginity for long (hopefully he won't the second thing anymore by the end of this fanfiction).
What did he just say? Did he just blurt his thoughts out loud? Would his roommate see him any differently after this slip-up? He needed to know. After a few instances of doubt, he finally whipped his head around to see Yoo Jonghyuk's reaction.
Kim Dokja's confusion was overwhelming.