The epic speech

******** Enjoy!

MIKA POV-

It’s been about three months since I announced my pregnancy and things are still kind of tensed, but I noticed that a lot of people loosened up and started to look on the brighter side. I am glad because I even had second thoughts about keeping this baby. I wanted to talk to Gaara-kun about how I feel but he keeps putting “our” time off. Now that the fucking war is on he has to go attend damn little conventions with and prepare for what is to come. Excuse the language but if I can’t talk to my own husband about how I feel it’s going to have to come to this. Since it’s my first month I am anxious on what to expect, I have had a few doctors come in and check on me and they say everything will be alright. I might have asked too many questions but could you blame me? I am curious! I wonder if Gaara-kun had any questions… oh wait… he didn’t even know I went to a doctor let alone do I think he even cares. Ok ok, I might be overreacting. Besides, he warned me, everyone did. With a Kazekage husband there is barely any real family time, for us, Suna is our family.

I am at my doctor’s appointment now with Saki-chan. Since she is the only one I can count on to hang around with for a while. Especially since EVERYONE is busy, even my parents.

“Ok Mika-sama you are all ready to go. Do you have any questions?” Doctor Ichigo asked.

“Thank you, and please just call me Mika. My husband is the kazekage not me. As far as now I don’t think I have any more questions to bother you with.” I smiled sweetly.

“Sorry Mika-chan, and remember it’s never a bother to answer a few questions. Come in anytime if you need anything, maybe next time you should see if the Kazekage is also willing to attend the appointment in case he is concerned about anything.” My smile dropped to a sad smile, I looked down in deep thought. “Don’t worry about that, he has other things to be concerned about right now.”

  I shook Dr. Ichigo’s hand and waved bye to the nurses at the front counter where I saw Saki-chan in the waiting room. She immediately began interrogating me with countless questions on how it went; I briefly summarized it and walked to the carriage waiting for us.  On the quite ride back to the house I looked out of the window only to feel the blazing hot sun piercing its heat to my pale skin. This pregnancy thing has been scaring me so don’t judge if I happen to look like a ghost.

Normally I see many people walking about the street chatting along the way, but today was different everything was quite. I also noticed that we had just ridden past the house.

“Er… Saki-chan? Where are we going?” Saki-chan smiled at me cheerfully and said “We are going to the meeting where the announcement of the war is happening. All the ninjas that are fighting will meet there to get into groups and do last minute checks before it starts.”

My heart sank. The war is to start anytime soon and I couldn’t be more frightened at the time. I felt myself go paler and Saki rested her warm palm on my hand to comfort me.

~~~~~TIME SKP~~~~~

As we passed a few villages the silence was no more… I heard the roaring and yelling and a lot of arguing. We finally stopped our long ride and Saki-chan and I got off. We walked towards this huge crowd of ninjas from different villages all together, there were so many it was intimidating.

“Ms. Mika, please have you and your friend follow us over here.” I followed the kind man as he led us towards the front of the huge crowd, but it took a long time to get there. I then noticed that the crowds arguing got worse. Why are they fighting? Aren’t they supposed to at least get along when they are allies? All of a sudden I saw a puff of sand float swiftly through the winds. The crowd began to silence and Saki-chan and I took our seats in front of the shinobi.  All their eyes averted to something on the balcony of the tower. I looked up and my eyes traveled to see a couple strong looking ninjas.  I even saw Kakashi.

“These are the heads of each unit.” Saki-chan whispered to me. As my eyes traveled even further my heart skipped a beat when they landed on a certain red head I love. He stood strong and proud, handsome as ever right in the middle of the other experienced Unit head members.

“In the name of gain and profit for one’s nation and village, Shinobi have hated and hurt each other for many years, from the first to the third Great Ninja Wars. That hatred cried out for power, and thus I was born. In the past I too was hatred and power…I was a jinchuriki. And I hated this world and the humans in it and thought about destroying them. This is exactly what the Akatsuki is trying to do now. However a single shinobi from the hidden leaf stopped me. He cried for me, his enemy! We wounded each other in battle but he called me his friend! He saved me! We were enemies but we were both jinchuriki…When we share and experienced the same pain, there can be no bad blood. My wife Mika, she is pregnant I want nothing else but to be with her and support her while she is going through this. Even though I am barely with her right now I know she understands, I know what she has been doing. I am sorry Mika. I am sorry I cannot be with you right now. You changed me, you actually showed me love. Something I have never felt before and I am so grateful to share my love with you. I love you just as much as I love this village. Please forgive me; I only want to protect you all and the life that is now our responsibility. We have an enemy out there to get us! No one is an enemy here! Because we all bear the pain of having been hurt by the akatsuki, now there is only… shinobi! If you still cannot forgive the Sand, after this war you can have my head! The enemy is now after my friend who saved me! If he falls into the hands of the enemy, this world is finished! I want to protect my friend! And I want to protect this world! But I am much too young, too inexperienced to protect this world! So I beg you all to lend me your strength!”

By this time everyone was cheering and amazed by how inspiring Gaara’s words were. A tear rolled down my cheek, Gaara-kun looked down at me and smiled. I almost melted at the smile and mouthed ‘I love you.’ His smile grew wider and he mouthed out ‘I am sorry.’ Shame on me for being so insensitive, I never knew Gaara-kun was actually keeping track about everything that was going on. I blew him a kiss and cheered on with the rest of the crowd. How lucky am I?

******** Till next time, READ VOTE COMMENT :P