Who is he?

******** So this is a lead on chapter, if you do not know what that means it is basically a chapter that leads to an important event in a story without actually getting to the part just yet. xD Keep reading!

MIKA POV-

Ever since we found out about this mystery man…or woman who has taken my bundle of joy, I have been trying to do my own research. We contacted headquarters about the situation we have been put in.  Unfortunately Tsunade-sama was quite disappointed to know that we caught ourselves in a situation like this, of course I felt more than guilty.

“Gaara-sama!” A ninja called. Gaara-kun and I rushed over to his side.

 “What did you find?”

The ninja moved aside to reveal a hallow opening of a large random tree. What is a random tree doing in the middle of a barren, dry area like this?

“How queer…” Gaara-kun breathed. If Temari-chan was here she would have wondered the same, but she is leading her unit further into the mission to defeat enemies.

“The leaves are insanely bright, and the tree has no moss or anything, just perfectly nourished at such a dried up area like this.” I swear this tree looked healthier than any of us did at the moment. We stepped into the huge hallow tree and I inferred that someone is using this as hideout. Nothing but a lit candle for some light, and a large plank of wood on the floor with a bunch of kunais, and other weapons, as I looked deeper within the walls of bark I saw a corner with piles of scrolls.

“I sense a strong yet faded amount of chakra here, very similar to Mika-san’s.”  Another ninja confirmed. Gaara-kun stepped closer slipping one arm around me.

 “Maybe this is your relative’s hiding spot.”

“Where is the baby?” I inquired anxiously. Gaara-kun shrugged walking away to talk to the ninjas about this place. Sighing, I walked even further into the tree to look for more information.  Next to the pile of scrolls I almost tripped over another plank of wood. Luckily I didn’t because there was a lit candle on it. Right beside that, a large scroll was sprawled out on the wooden surface. I bent down to get a better look of it with the candle in my hands.  There it read Komiko Family Branch: One. That was mine; our family’s branch was the first since we were clan leaders. I didn’t really go through my family’s part of the family tree because something else caught my eye. In pen next to an updated picture of me, there was a picture of a handsome man with auburn hair and light sea foam eyes, who wouldn’t know who that is? A smile grew on my face when I read his name next to mine. I also read my name and my smile grew wider.  Mika Komiko, Lady of Sabaku no Gaara.

There was another color of ink that drew a line between Gaara-kun and I, below was a picture of my little baby and her name written out, and it was circled. My fingers traced over her picture and to her name, accidentally smudging the name. This ink seems pretty fresh, I looked next to my elbow and saw an ink pen the same color of the ink that had Karura’s name written in. Purple. 

“Mika dear come on time to go!” I heard Gaara-kun call as his voice echoed in the dark. I shoved the scroll in my mini bag. Gaara-kun came closer and gave a small smile.

“We didn’t find anything that showed he was here recently but we have a hunch that this could belong to the mystery relative.”

“Uh well I might have found something…” I picked up the pen and gave it to him.

“How do you know he had used this pen recently?” I looked back the wooden plank and pointed to the ink stains on it. Gaara observed it and smudged the ink.

“Well it definitely is fresh. We will take a look it at it, why don’t you go out for some fresh air?” I nodded and walked out of the tree taking in the fresh air. I also noticed it was getting darker so I found a spot under the branches and lied down. Before I knew it, I dozed off into an instant slumber.

~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~

GAARA POV-

I felt some movements under my arm so I peered through my lashes only to meet the groggy eyes of my true love. I greeted her with a smile and she returned it in the most adorable way. “What are you doing here?” She asked tiredly.

“I must have fallen asleep with you”, I chuckled. She rested her head on my chest and I held her close. “Where is everyone else?”

“Well I told them they can go back and set up a tent wherever, I was going to carry you back as well, but you looked so tired. I couldn’t help but join you.” I smirked as I saw her blush in response.  I looked up at the sky and it was still dark, probably sometime in the middle of the night.

“Gaara-kun how did you know that it would be ok with us both asleep and no one watching out for him..”

I froze, I must have been insanely tried to not think that through. I cannot believe I just fell asleep here   behind a possible suspect’s hideout with my wife. Last time we fell asleep he took my daughter. I groaned in frustration. Mika got up and held an arm out for me; I took it and got up as well.  Hand in hand we entered the tree once again.

“Tell me if you see anything.” She nodded and walked back to the little corner she was in before. I went to the pile of scrolls and noticed that the pile was all messed up this time, the candles were unlit and seemed as if they were knocked over. The planks of wood were not in the usual place as I last saw it.

“Mika dear come here.” I felt arms around me and knew that was her.

“He was here wasn’t he?” I nodded and muttered an inaudible ‘yes’.

“He was definitely here and it seems as if he was looking for something…” I concluded. Immediately Mika looked away. I grabbed her arm and gave her a look, “what did you do?”

She gave an adorable sheepish smile with a blush spreading across her cheeks. “I-I, nothing..”

“Mika, I am asking you a very simple question. You can tell me anything, love.” Just as she reached into her mini bag a loud thunder roared outside. She yelped and clutched onto me, I didn’t mind that her nails were digging into my skin. I kissed her forehead and rubbed her arm soothingly, “It’s only a storm.”

She relaxed and let go, “Now tell me what it is?” Before she could respond, we were interrupted by a chuckle behind us. Our attention was now on the entrance of the tree, it wasn’t any ninja from our unit. It was a man holding our baby girl.

“Karura.” Mika and I whispered in unison.

******** As you know, lead on chapters are always likely to have cliffhangers >.< Don’t hate xD! Till next time, READ VOTE, COMMENT :P