Mafuyu Sato

- word count: 754

Woof woof!

Mafuyu smiles a little as he watches Kedama run out the door in circles.

They were going to a nearby park to just chill and get out in the sun. It was a perfect day to be out. It was also a Saturday, no school!

. . .

You huff as you jog. Breathing in . . . and out . . .

Woof! Woof!

HM?!

You pause and swiftly turn your head in the direction of the barks. In the distance, you see a small white dog followed by a pinkish, orange-haired boy. The male looks around your age and is out of breath. It seems the dog had dragged the poor boy all the way.

You held your breath. The dog looked at you, then started bolting towards you, yipping.

Arf!

"Ack-" you tried running away but that caused the dog to run faster. The male with the dog widened his eyes as he felt a tug on the leash, and couldn't be helped as he was dragged along.

"Tama! W-wait!" You can hear him call out to his dog. Tama. . . ? Why would he name a dog after a cat? You wondered. Your breathing hitched when you realize 'Tama' is a few feet behind you.

The heck?? Since when did it get here?

You quickly look around and spot a tree. UP!

Yes, you shall climb this tree. And so, you did.

Arf! Woof!

You flinch when you feel the pup paw at your shoe and climbed higher.

"AHH!" You yelled as the small dog latched onto your leg. You kicked slightly, causing him to fall back on the ground. Don't worry, the dog got up and kept barking as if nothing happened.

"Ta. . .Tama. ." the salmon-haired boy huffs as he had finally caught up.

Arf arf!

"Tama!" The male shouted. Immediately 'Tama' halted their barking. The thrilled pup circled the boy's leg and hopped onto their hind legs to lick his hand.

The boy looked up at you. You sat on a thick branch with your legs dangling.

"I-I'm so sorry!" The boy apologizes with a hushed voice, "Tama doesn't normally act like this, I guess he just really likes you, again, I'm so sorry!"

As soon as you catch your breath, you smile at the shy teen. Up close, you can really see how cute he is. Salmon-colored hair covering parts of his face, but you could still see his eyes. You snapped out of your thoughts when he suddenly bows, 'Tama' pawing at his ankle.

"Hey, hey! No need to bow! I'm fine, really," you say. Now that the adrenaline has washed away you wince, just now noticing the scratches on your hands from climbing the tree. Oops.

You try getting down from the tree, slowly, carefully. However, not careful enough.

You accidentally apply pressure on your scratches and lose your grip.

"Oof/ack-" you both say as you're sent to the ground.

Opening your eyes, you spot a body underneath you. "AHH!" You let out a high-pitched scream as the boy groans. Hastily, you get up, "A-are you okay? Sir??"

He gives a thumbs-up, though, still on the floor.

. . .

"-and that's why I'm scared of loud dogs," you end. The boy - who you earlier learned was named Mafuyu- nods.

You guys were sitting by the fountain and he was washing away dirt from your cuts with a cleaning wipe he had brought. He sticks out his tongue slightly in concentration. You wince here and there when you feel a burn. Of course, he mutters small apologies.

Then, he takes out a small roll of bandage. How convenient. . .

"Ah . . . no, that's wrong . . . uhh . . like this?" You can hear him struggle with wrapping your hand.

You let a small smile dance on your features as you watched him. "Done, I'm sorry. . . it's not the best.." he says quietly, not wanting to wake up his dog- which you learned was Ketama- that was napping on the grass.

You look at the messy bandage and chuckle. "Pfft- what is this?"

Mafuyu looks down at his lap. "I'm not very experienced. . ."

No context that, you laughed in your head. You stop when you notice the sun going down.

Wait- I gotta get home! You stood up abruptly, Mafuyu flinching.

"Sorry, it's getting dark. I have to go—" without waiting for a reply you start on your way.

"W—wait!" He yelled out, but you're too quick, you're gone.

No worries, soon you two will realize you attend the same school.