Mafuyu | Ritsuka | Haruki | Akihiko

- female! middle school! reader
- word count: 1,371

I was there during their show. I was with my older sister, watching several bands play their music.

As my sister and I watched the bands, one caught our eye; 'Seasons.'

My sister was drawn to their new vocalist. Believe me, I was too- well most of us in the crowd was- if not most, all. But I was mostly watching their drummer. Their performance had gotten me emotional.

I when their song ended, I watched two members leave.

Moments later the guitarist came back onto the stage. We were disappointed when the vocalist didn't follow.

. . .

"(Y/n)! Can you come down here?!" Your older sister called out to you. You hummed in response before wrapping up what you were doing and headed down as asked.

Once you got downstairs you looked for your sister. She was in the kitchen finishing up some papers while standing.

"I gotta head to class, can you buy us more milk from the store a few blocks next door?" She asked as she carefully placed the papers in her bag. You nodded and hummed once again, smiling a little when she looks at you.

Before she leaves, she grabs a wad of money from her purse hanging from the hatstand and hands it to you.

Once she leaves you head back upstairs to change your clothes, bringing the money with you.

. . .

You sigh in relief when you realize the shop was already open, you didn't have to stay outside in the hot sun.

Looking around, you realize you're the only one there so far as you park your bike on the side of the convenience store.

You yawn when you walk in, letting the cold air inside cool you. You quickly greet the cashier before you head over to the milk. Wait. . . Was that . . .—

Turning back you see the drummer from the band with the new singer. What was the band name . . . Seasons? I think?

Hurriedly, you skipped to the counter. Now closer, you confirm that's it is Akihiko from the band Seasons.

He catches you staring at him and raises an eyebrow. "You need something, kid?" You smile excitedly.

"Can we be friends?!" You accidentally shout. I know it seems weird, but as a kid, you just thought it'd be cool to befriend an adult; especially a drummer.

You had taken a few drumming lessons when in elementary but quit after a loss of motivation. No matter how hard you practiced you couldn't do the multi-tasking most drummers can do.

Ever since you had watched the band Seasons perform, it re-sparked your interest in drumming. Maybe Akihiko could help you?

"But you're a kid-" he deadpanned.

You frown, "but you're friends with high schoolers!"

"They're high schoolers, you look like you're in elementary," he said while crossing his arms.