Chapter 2 "Old Friends Not Forgotten"

Anakin POV

I was on my the way to the hangar with Obi Wan and R2 at my side, I was so excited to finally got a chance to meet Ahsoka but Obi Wan didn't seem to appreciate that so much.

"It all makes sense now." I stated.
"What?" Obi Wan asked looking at me from the corner of his eyes.
"If Ahsoka hadn't left the order, she wouldn't be where she needed to be." I said to him in excitement.
"That's one way to look at it, I suppose." He said with a concerned tone which didn't went well with my understanding 'Is he not glad with her being back now? What the krif master!' I thought.
I turned myself and stood in front of him "It's the only way to look at it... we're gonna capture Maul! Finally! I thought you would be more excited about this." I said to him in confusing tone at his actions.
"I am cautiously optimistic." He stated moving away pasting me. 'What is that even mean Master? What are you implying?'

We then saw the Mandalorian ship coming through and entering the hangar, I approached Obi Wan at his side once again and I was trying to hide my feelings at the maximum before I could see her.

And then, the doors of the ship opened, and there she was right in front of my sight, she was wearing the blue mandalorian outfit, and I got admit that blue looked so damn good In her. My heartbeat started to rise once she began to walk down the ramp and coming in our direction, I was trying my hardest to contain myself but as soon as I look down I saw R2 beeping at her with so much joy and running towards her 'he must really missed her too, I can't blame him.'

I see him getting closer to her beeping so much and shaking himself side to side in excitement, she looks at him with a soft smile 'that beautiful smile of hers' and pats his dome with so much care, I could clearly see a smile forming in R2's face if he had one.

Ahsoka POV

I was so happy to see R2 again, I had missed him so much as well, I was glad he came over me. Then I raised my head and saw my masters right ahead and I focused myself in not show my emotions until the time was right, we were running against time in this scenario. I started waking in their direction with R2 at my side, Bo and the mandos following right behind.

I soon as I reached both Obi Wan and Anakin I gave them a small nod to both trying to be as professional as possible, while on the inside I just wanted to hug them, then Anakin with a smile on his face looking at me started talking.

"Ahsoka, I'm so glad..." he started but I knew we couldn't afford that type of conversation right now, so I sadly interrupted him.
"We'll have to catch up another time." I said to him raising my hand for him to stop talking, it broke my heart seeing his smile disappear from his face as soon I said that, he looked so worried... so sad, but he contained himself and as soon as he did, Bo came along by my side.

"The things are moving quickly" I stated
"Every minute we waste here, gives Maul an opportunity to get away" Bo said while I catch Anakin quickly glancing at me with a guilt look, and I looked back in a serious gaze, 'we'll have time to talk later, just wait a little longer please, I miss you too' I thought to myself wishing he could hear my thoughts so badly. I quickly looked at Obi Wan and noticed him looking at the both of us with a even more serious and concerned look, I knew he could sense Anakin's emotions, well he didn't really needed to sense, it was written all across his face.

"We understand. Please follow me" Obi Wan said turning away and moving to briefing room, and all of the mandos followed but I waited to be the last, so I could see Anakin's face once more until we could get to our business, but he stayed with the same look of guilt and worry, so I just moved along waiting for the right time for us to talk.

~~

After our meeting at the briefing room, where things didnt go the best way they could, Obi Wan said they couldnt help Mandalore without the word of the Council, fearing that the Republic intervinience on a neutral system would break treaties from one hundred years old, Bo left the table frustrated and disappointed at me, telling 'It was a waste of time.' And so, I was left alone in the room with Anakin, both of us just looking at each other for some moments, thinking of things to say but none of the two did so. I was affraid that he wouldnt make a move to talk to me, because he was hurt by my previous actions, but soon he broke the ice.