Chapter Twenty Two

Come by around 9 in the morning

That was the text I got from Diamond a few days after I offered to babysit for her.

Thankfully I'm off work for the next four days.

The text caught me off guard but I texted her back.

Hayden found out about the babysitting situation that night when he came home from work. I knew Violet would tell him and I knew his exact reaction cause when she told him, he laughed then said it was the cutest thing ever.

"I knew you would babysit your future kids."

"You knew she had kids?"

"No." He laughs. "But I knew you would eventually babysit your future kids."

That made me roll my eyes and I was seriously about to knock his ass out.

Violet told him to shut up multiple times but he wouldn't listen to her.

He kept asking me all kinds of questions that night, trying to understand if I intentionally offered or if it just came in a sudden out burst.

Violet watched us from the sink as we were sitting at the table. I could see her shaking her head as Hayden was looking at me, waiting for a response.

"Leave her alone."

Hayden looks back at Violet. "I knew she liked this woman before she even knew."

"I wanted to do it." I told him once he looked back at me. "She seemed stressed out and I was just helping. What's wrong with that?"

"There's nothing wrong with it." Violet said.

Hayden nods then smiles. "Nothing wrong at all. Sorry if I made it seem that way."

"I just can't seem to get away from her. Even when I really want to, I can't."

Violet smiles at me and Hayden walks over to me before wrapping his arms around me and leaning down. I smiled as I patted his arm as he tightened his hold on me before standing up.

Throughout the night, I kept thinking about this whole situation about Diamond and it was going to keep me awake all night.

Violet told me not to overthink it but it was hard.

When I told her that I had to be at her house tomorrow, she told me that it was going to be ok.

But I wasn't sure if it was going to be ok.

I could never get away from her.

I'm always getting myself into some sort of disaster when it came to her.

Always.

-

When I woke up the next morning, I looked at the time and saw that it was a little after eight. I went ahead and got up, got dressed and went downstairs to make coffee.

My nerves were all over the place.

I tried keeping them down but it was hard when I was about to babysit Diamond's kids.

But I offered, so I had to keep my nerves down.

As I was drinking coffee, I saw Hayden walk in the kitchen and he smiles at me. I smiled back as I was leaning against the counter and sipping my coffee.

He makes him and a cup then we both stood across from each other, sipping coffee.

"Are you ready to babysit?"

"A little but really." I saw him look at me as I sighed.

He smiles. "It'll be ok like Violet said."