T W O

After getting a rather fun talking to from Jenny Joyce— Maeve reluctantly sitting back and watching as Michelle yet again let her temper get the best of her, the school was thrown into an assembly

The O'Hara girl was standing between James and Michelle, as Jenny and Aisling very enthusiastically performed their presentation on flowers and the school— Maeve not really sure what it was all about, she wasn't exactly listening. However, once they finished, both Maeve and Orla gave them a round of applause— someone had to.

Sister Michael began addressing the school which gained Maeve's attention. She loved the nun. She was both funny and crazy, two things that the girl thoroughly enjoyed. So when Sister Michael began talking about all the new students having to watch their backs, Maeve let out an audible laugh— which soon resulted in annoyed stares from everyone surrounding her.

"Oh! Speaking of pupils who need to watch their back, I'd like to introduce James Maguire". Maeve felt the boy next to her tense up from the mention of his name, the girl giving his hand an ever so quick squeeze of reassurance, never once looking at him. Although, she could feel his eyes staring into the side of her head.

"Show yourself please, James".

The boy rose his hand into the air cautiously, causing the entire school to try and get a glimpse of the first ever male to attend. Sister Michael proceeded to explain how there were concerns about James if he were to attend Christian Brother Boys, because he was English, the school erupting into laughter at the mention of the his nationality. Maeve looked to Michelle who seemed to be rolling her eyes into oblivion at what was happening. She couldn't care less.

"Let me make one thing clear! I will not have a repeat of the Mr. Mullin affair, is that understood?" The red-haired girl grimaced at the mention of his name, James clearly catching on that something not-so-great had happened.

"What's the Mr. Mullin affair?"

Maeve looked at the boy with a grim expression, James' face showing nothing but fear. "He was a student teacher that all the girls fancied. So, two fourth-years cable tied him to the monkey bars and tried to, you know".

The girl really didn't want to go into it with a boy who, one, she just met, and two, looked visibly concerned. Michelle however, not seeming to have that problem.

"They we're trying to dry ride him" she said bluntly, clearly listening in to their conversation. "But he was really good-looking, so you've got nothing to worry about".

James nodded along to what she was saying until the words really sunk in, the boy snapping his head to look at Michelle, an offended look on his face. Maeve letting out a short laugh from the sight.