2

CHAPTER TWO
"Italy"

✨✨✨

"Shh, mia preziosa figlia [my precious daughter], he's in a better place now" my father said as he caressed my straight hair

"Shh, mia preziosa figlia [my precious daughter], he's in a better place now" my father said as he caressed my straight hair. I once again looked at my beloved grandfather lying in a coffin, his face covered with delicate material. I hugged my dad tighter burying my face in his chest. He softly kissed the top of my head and lowered himself to meet my eyes. He wiped my tears away with his thumbs. "Come on now, your uncle wanted to talk to me"

I nodded my head slowly and took a last glance at the dead body of my grandfather. I made a cross sign and took the hand, which my father offered for me to take. We went outside to sit on the patio, where my uncle Paolo was already waiting. My father patted my head and gestured me to wait for him in a distance. I could feel the tension between them even from afar. They exchanged some words and then my uncle lit a cigarette looking at my father.

"Vincenzo, my friend, my brother" I heard him say "Now that I'm your boss, I'd like to see you be more loyal to me".

My father, who was playing with his lighter for the time they spoke, shut the lighter closed, satisfying sound of metal being carried thought the patio.

"Paolo" it was his turn to talk "My brother, I am always ready to show my loyalty to you" he came closer to Paolo "As long as you deserve it"

✨✨✨

After a long, tiring day we finally arrived to our apartment. I went to sit beside my dad on the couch. He loosened his tie and tiled his head backwards. I placed my head on his shoulder closing my eyes.

"If you're tired go to sleep" he said massaging my sculp. I shook my head and stayed still only to cuddle to him more. "Aigoo, so cute. But I'm serious, change and sleep"

"Ahh~ but I want to cuddle" I said and sat on his laps while hugging him tightly. He laughed heartily and gave back my hug. He then suddenly put his hand under my knees carrying me bridal style while standing up and going to my room. "Ahh~ Appa~ stoooop".

He gently placed me on my bed and took my jacket off of me. Then I laid back on a soft mattress, covered me with my duvet and tucked me in. I smiled unconscious on a verge of sleeping. He kissed my forehead and quietly closed the door after letting himself out.

✨✨✨

BAM!

I jumped out of my bed scared after hearing this loud sound of gun being fired. Then I heard more gun shots. I knew all about the family I lived in. I know that my father is a consilegre in the family. Although he never let me see anything connected to his work or hear anything I knew he did some dirty work for my grandfather. I mean, nobody ever told me that he killed anybody and I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but I'm not stupid.

That doesn't make me smart though. And my stupidity likes to be shown on many occasions. For example now. Without having anything to protect myself I just exited the room going towards my dad's bedroom. I went to grip a door handle but my father was faster. He opened the door and before I could peek inside the room he shut them after himself. He pressed my head to his torso hugging me as if there was no tomorrow.

"Oh, my baby. Are you all right? You're not hurt? Nobody went into your room?" He asked as he checked my body for injuries.

"No, no I'm ok, but what happened? We're there some people here?" I asked concerned. Then I spotted blood on his clothes. "Dad, are you hurt?" He looked at me a little confused and his eyes also fell on the blood on his clothes.

"No darling, don't worry your pretty little head" he smiled and pushed me gently in direction of my room. "Go pack your suitcase. We're leaving Italy" I nodded my head confused, but didn't ask any questions.

✨✨✨

We were at the airport waiting for our flight. My dad was looking at some documents while I was playing some stupid games on my phone. Lately I've been playing hole.io, my god it's soooooo engaging. You don't even know when, and it turned out you have been playing for like 2 hours or so.

"Stop using your phone, you have been looking at that screen for far too long" my dad said without even looking in my direction. I have no idea how this paradox is called but I believe that it has something to do with a sentence PAIN IN THE A- "I think I've said something, didn't I?"

"Jeez okay" I hummed under my breath and sat back signing.

"Give it to me" he looked at me with his hand in front of my face.

"Oh come on! What have I done? I've been just playing a little" I started whining.

"I don't care, give me your phone or you're grounded as soon as we get off the plane" he said and rised his eyebrows in a demanding way. I angrily put the phone in the palm of his hand "And stop this moody teenager behaviour"

He then grabbed the phone from the back and took out my SIM card and crushed it. I looked at him with probably the most shocked face I've ever done in my life.

"WHY~" I cried loudly "All of my friends, my life, my SOCIAL LIFE has just been ruined by you"

"You would not be allowed to contact them even if you had their contacts" he said and stood up. "Our plane is here"

✨✨✨

"So here you go, don't take them of until you're told to" my dad said while he put massive earphones on my head "Daddy will be having a very important phone call, so I need you to be quiet and not to eves drop, okay?" He said softly as if he were talking to some five year old and he patted my head. I nodded my head and he said "Good girl"

"I'm not a do-"

"SUSH"